Capps/Hagan (1 Viewer)

8sec71

Nitro Member
Anyone know what Lohnes was referring to on the St. Louis broadcast when he said those two cars will be running next season but maybe not with the same affiliation to their current team? Or something to that effect.

Heard that too,maybe new holland will be the major sponsor next year or some crew changes??

I do believe the NASCAR connection is Rick Ware Racing. Not sure if he is connected with the new Capps/Hagan rumors. I did not watch the broadcast yet but there has been rumblings over the last year that DSR could be coming to an end. Nothing official but have seen references to the rumor but nothing solid. Megan Schumacher is supposed to take over the racing teams so maybe that could be happening in 2022. At this point I’m just really confused!

I do believe the NASCAR connection is Rick Ware Racing. Not sure if he is connected with the new Capps/Hagan rumors. I did not watch the broadcast yet but there has been rumblings over the last year that DSR could be coming to an end. Nothing official but have seen references to the rumor but nothing solid. Megan Schumacher is supposed to take over the racing teams so maybe that could be happening in 2022. At this point I’m just really confused!
I seen where Rick Ware Racing has signed on with Doug Stringer on Clay's ride. I'm also confused.

Speculation is always fun.…How about Stewart buys out DSR and the manufacturing part of the business. Capps keeps NAPA, Hagan and Leah switch Pennzoil for Mobil 1. Okuma is switched out for Haas CNC as the every now and then sponsor and Stewart can stack the manufacturing center with Haas equipment.

I could see Schumacher Racing do what they have done with Antron and others. Housing their operations and selling them the parts to run with. That may be more economical than chasing sponsorship.

I know Gannassi is getting out of NASCAR but Don Prudhomme was with him at the Long Beach Grand Prix.
I don't think I would read to much into that because Chip and Don have been friends for a long time. I remember back at least 15 years ago when Bob Bode and I were standing at the back of Bobs pit and a car pulled up behind Prudhomme's trailer and Chip and his entourage got out and walked into Don's pit and hung out for a few hours.

Call me crazy (again), but I believe the rumor might be that Dodge SRT/Mopar maybe replaced with another manufacturer. TSR which is a Ford team acquires DSR. Toyota is leaving DSR with Antron, so TSR would have two Ford Mustang Funny Cars and Leah in a Ford backed Dragster. With Tony Stewart and Leah as team owners and Tony running a part time schedule in TF.

Okuma is switched out for Haas CNC as the every now and then sponsor and Stewart can stack the manufacturing center with Haas equipment.
You do know the team is named Stewart-Haas, he is one of the owners of the team, It was Haas before Stewart (with Chevy money) bought into the team. Gene Haas is also the owner of Haas F1, which is his Formula 1 team. A lot more than a now and then sponsor.

The reason it was with Chevy money is because Gibbs had changed to Toyota and Chevy wanted Stewart in their fold. Now he is a Ford team, go figure

Yes I know about Haas and his teams. My every now and then sponsor comment was if Haas CNC wanted on a Stewart owned NHRA car if they had a week open for sponsorship.

i wish haas could make a better go of it over in F1. his team started out ok a few years ago, but now only back markers.
maybe he can talk mazapin out of F1 where he is disliked and unskilled, and put him in a TF'r here in the states :D the kid would probably love it.

Considering the cost to run F1 is somewhere around 20X the amount it costs to run a TF team I would cut HAAS some slack. Just the fact they have an F1 team is an amazing feat.
Formula 1 introduced a budget cap for 2021, set at $145 million. What is TF 6 million or so for a multi car top team?

PS I work for Japanese company, we make all of Haas's linear bearings for their machines and we make a lot of them. It is hard to believe HAAS builds so many machines that we need to run their bearings 24/7 to keep up with them.

Considering the cost to run F1 is somewhere around 20X the amount it costs to run a TF team I would cut HAAS some slack. Just the fact they have an F1 team is an amazing feat.
Formula 1 introduced a budget cap for 2021, set at $145 million. What is TF 6 million or so for a multi car top team?

PS I work for Japanese company, we make all of Haas's linear bearings for their machines and we make a lot of them. It is hard to believe HAAS builds so many machines that we need to run their bearings 24/7 to keep up with them.
And I believe Ken that the salaries of the drivers isn't included in the $145,000,000 budget cap.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back