Candies & Wale & Hughes Unveiling? (1 Viewer)

Boo

Nitro Member
Did anyone that went the Winternations, attend or get pictures of the Candies & Wale restoration and/or the Candies & Hughes(76) restoration that was supposed to be presented at the Wally Parks Museum. DMAC I know you were there, curious cajuns need to know! ;)

I knew they had to have a least one other around here! ;) I know DMAC said he was going to attend so maybe our honary Cajun will chime in! :D

Gary and Lance,

Honorary??? Hey, lived in LA for some 14 years...2 1/2 in Cajun country, even to the point of powering down mud bugs. Miss the company and the food!!!

I didn't have my camera so I did not have a shot of the car but can tell you Pat Foster did a tremendous job on the restoration. I had the priviledge of announing the dragsters very first outing at Opelousas in 1964...before it was even lettered. Looks every bit as good, if not better, than it did when it first rolled out of the trailer.

Paul, Rita and their two sons, along with Reb were all in attendance and having a great time. At the 94th birthday celebration on Thursday night, Paul officially donated to the NHRA Museum his two Winston championship cars...the funny car driven by Mark Oswald and the '75 T/F car driven by Richard Tharp. Both are as stunning at the Wale and Candies car.

Keep your eyes on various web sites that have photo albums...am sure it will show up there. Paul was taking the car back to Des Allemands....it was not part of the museum donation.

Take care all and hope to get down your way sometime this year...if it all works out.

MaC

I got a couple of shots as they pushed it down the return road Sunday afternoon. Give me a couple of days to sift thru everything and I'll post it up on webshots later this week.

Peace,
Mike Cornelius
a.k.a. NHRAMike

Well Dave since you spent 14 years down here I quess we can promote you out of "Honary" status.LOL I checked on NHRA's museum webpage and they haven't posted any pictures yet. Hopefully soon. Give us a shout out when you come down to cajun country. Come on down for the Sportsnational and watch the Teuton's run in the Hemi challenge. Always some crayfish and good food cooking at the Sportsnational at No Problem raceway

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back