Brittany Force (1 Viewer)

Leebone

Nitro Member
Would like to say congrats to this feisty little girl that doesn't accept second place as a trophy. She went red in Vegas but came back to do THIS. Hard driven and very motivated, this is what champions are all about. Yes, she has Alan Johnson horsepower, but someone has to get the car down the track. She did very well.

Sweet victory... There were lot's of reasons to pull for Stevo but, I was thrilled for Brit (and she DID win the race).
After Wilk qualified #2, I thought there might be a slim chance Courtney could sneak in and steal the FC trophy. That woulda' been the Force car I wanted.

PS: I though I heard that Taylor Swift sold nearly a million (was it, albums?) today. A marketing genius.

I see zero reasons to pull for Steve...congrats to Brittany! I’m guessing a few years ago John would’ve had her pegged as easily the last of the 3 driving daughters to win the Championship. Also more difficult considering she’s on her own in that class representing JFR unlike FC where they can swap the parts and personnel up as they see fit.

I see zero reasons to pull for Steve...congrats to Brittany! I’m guessing a few years ago John would’ve had her pegged as easily the last of the 3 driving daughters to win the Championship. Also more difficult considering she’s on her own in that class representing JFR unlike FC where they can swap the parts and personnel up as they see fit.
She had Alan Johnson, Dont get no better than that !!!!

For anyone that would say she had it easy on the way to her first Championship, I seem to remember a certain TF driver with great driving genes that couldn't hack it and dropped out of his ride....and if he had AJ horsepower it would have been more squirrelly ;)

She is always a class act on TV. I've heard Graham Rahal say once, that Brittany is the most positive minded person that he's ever met. She'll be a great Champion.

alan johnson interviewed on starting line rite after brit won the race......to paraphrase, 'the way nhra has their points deal setup,
it puts a lot of pressure on the teams to perform at their very best over a short time'......then he went on to praise the crew
and brittany.

She is always a class act on TV. I've heard Graham Rahal say once, that Brittany is the most positive minded person that he's ever met. She'll be a great Champion.
I have always heard positive things about Brittany from her crew guys and I have never heard anything negative. I know when I see her at a restaurant or in the lobby at a hotel she is always very polite and gives a smile. Courtney and Ashley has always been very nice also. I think John and Laurie produced a pretty good group of daughters.

Not sure on Monster but wouldn’t surprise me if she DOESN’t defend her top fuel championship and goes flopper

In a FC no! and Monster, they would be stupid not to come back as her sponsor. As far as the "dive" in FC at Vegas it didn't really change the outcome of who became the FC world champ anyways, so that argument is moot.

A beautiful young lady who is a great representative for the sport. And once again, Alan Johnson proves he is THE MAN.

I felt terrible for her after her red light in Vegas. I know what that's like, and it's the worst feeling in the world. I'm glad she was able to get it done in Pomona.

Interesting note about the red light. Brittany was upset about it and when she went to see Alan just after the final, he told her to forget it happened and put it behind her. He said "We will go to Pomona, qualify #1 and win the race. If we do that, we win the Championship no matter what anybody else does." He wanted her to focus on the upcoming task, not the past mistake. AJ is a guy who motivates by praise and encouragement not by threats and disparagement.

When Alan agreed to go to work for JFR he told John point blank: "Brittany is my driver and you will not ever talk to her about driving or talk to her at all on Sunday." Brittany told that story again at the banquet.

I spoke to a CC one time after his Championship driver had made a mistake and said "Boy, your driver is sick about that." His response was "He should be, he screwed up and let the whole team down and I told him exactly that."

There is a Crew Chief that has had much success Nitro Racing who would constantly berate the driver. If the reaction time was .075 he was trying to give it away, if it was .025 he was trying to red light. If he pedaled the car he shouldn't have because "it was going to make it" if it shook and he didn't pedal it he should have because "He could have saved that run." If the car moved 6 inches left or right he was driving it out of the grove. And the CC let the driver know about it after every run.

If the driver was .050 reaction, never wiggled, went straight down the grove and won the race. The CC wouldn't say a single word of praise, but he would usually find something to complain about, the burnout was too long, or he backed up too fast or something. But the driver even after winning, would never hear the words "Nice Job."

You can certainly win with both approaches, but I know which environment I would rather be living in.
As always, just my opinion.

Alan

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back