Bristol T.V. Ratings (1 Viewer)

mgty3whlr

Nitro Member
Not too bad.

1655825048242.png

not to bad at all, only i wish they would make some changes in, order to put some excitement and interest in the qualifying show (broken record starts now)

I was finally able to watch NHRA on TV!
Xfinity recently removed FS1 from the digital basic tier I'm on and have not been able to watch NHRA on tv.

i know not everyone does FB, but here's a link the to street outlaw's event at BIR this last friday/saturday.
i'm not a fan, but apparently i'm in the minority. not too much 'silver' in that main grandstand.
the pit pics are a carbon copy of the nat. event. i like how they have the feather flags off the end of the haulers
to identify to team......i believe some, but not all pros have similar I.D. method........this act stomps the nhra in nielsen ratings,
and now they are attracting thousands at our very own nat. event tracks.....as a track owner, how can you possibly pass
up this opportunity. this was their first appearance at BIR.
edit.....apparently can not link to a FB page?..... for those with FB, look for brainerd international raceway page

i know not everyone does FB, but here's a link the to street outlaw's event at BIR this last friday/saturday.
i'm not a fan, but apparently i'm in the minority. not too much 'silver' in that main grandstand.
the pit pics are a carbon copy of the nat. event. i like how they have the feather flags off the end of the haulers
to identify to team......i believe some, but not all pros have similar I.D. method........this act stomps the nhra in nielsen ratings,
and now they are attracting thousands at our very own nat. event tracks.....as a track owner, how can you possibly pass
edit.....apparently can not link to a FB page?..... for those with FB, look for brainerd international raceway page
I don’t watch the show but they do a great job attracting the crowds. That is happening every where they go. Bowling Green was like that the week prior.

NHRA hasn't really had a weak crowd all season. I don't know how or why it's about to become a topic again. In fact, since the beginning of the 2021 season, fan count has been good to great majority of the time.

It's no secret that SO draws. Brainerd and these other places love racing and it shouldnt be a shocker. But people also love drama. NPK provides that with the personalties that they put on the track and at least one fight at almost every race. NHRA couldn't afford to do that with the corporate backing that they have. Most NPK drivers and teams don't have corporate brands on their cars and the races themselves aren't corporately sponsored.

While I stopped watching the street shows as it's become too scripted and full of drama, I do keep up with NPK as it's more racing than unnecessary talking and storylines.

Last edited:
The angle that tower shot was taken can be deceiving, as to how many people are actually in the seats.
There were some straight on shots, and a couple neat overhead drone shots, during the broadcast.
As Mike Larson referred to, there were a bunch of empty seats.

The angle that tower shot was taken can be deceiving, as to how many people are actually in the seats.
There were some straight on shots, and a couple neat overhead drone shots, during the broadcast.
But it's important to remember that Bristol probably has 4x the amount of seats as somewhere like Epping, which looked packed last race. Had you taken that Epping crowd and plopped them down at Zmax, the place would look completely empty. Until NHRA starts releasing actual attendance figures, you can't really compare attendance figures from track to track based on pictures alone.

Mike and Chris, I'm huge Street Outlaws/NPK fan and if you watch NPK you'll that at a lot of Tracks the first of the race the place is packed but then it drops off. Its not cheap to get into one of those races but they are lot of fun. My big complaint is down time and they had a lot. I havent been in a few years but I'm planning on Tucson this year which draws very well every year.

Imagine in the Outlaws and NPK races, how full the stands would look if all the starting line crowd was in the stands instead of at the starting line? LOL

As somebody mentioned, it seems like if there are empty seats or the stands are not 100% packed, the sport is in trouble. Given all the obstacles people are dealing with these days, I think the crowds have been strong this year. Drag racing is unique in many ways. The national events are typically 3 days, and not everyone attends all 3 days. People move around, there's a lot to see down in the pits at any given time. And, it seems people don't hang out for the very last run of eliminations on Sunday like years ago. People have a much shorter attention span these days, and tend to want to "beat the crowd" out of an event. And now, we've got crazy inflation and obscene fuel costs to contend with, which racers and fans alike are having to deal with. All this on the heels of a pandemic and shutdown. I think overall we're doing pretty good. I do have one wish: That Goodyear would build a tire that made smoke like they used to. :)

Not arguing that. My point was that at various points the stands were packed.

A couple of points about no prep kings. 1st, they lease the track, so limited income for track. 2nd accessibility, drivers and teams available to fans, kind of like NHRA use to be. NHRA now with all the haulers, cannot get close to cars and drivers. 3rd. No et or speed on scoreboards. Who cares about et, reaction time, only thing that matters is who gets to finish line 1st.

A couple of points about no prep kings. 1st, they lease the track, so limited income for track. 2nd accessibility, drivers and teams available to fans, kind of like NHRA use to be. NHRA now with all the haulers, cannot get close to cars and drivers. 3rd. No et or speed on scoreboards. Who cares about et, reaction time, only thing that matters is who gets to finish line 1st.
NHRA is as good as it's always been in terms of fan access (and still light years ahead of NASCAR, Indycar, Formula 1, etc.). I don't know where you got it from that it's gotten worse. Was at Bristol this past weekend, you could get close enough to touch the cars, and the vast majority of drivers went out multiple times a day to sign stuff for people

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back