Brainerd Pictures (1 Viewer)

Nitro Member
I just got home a few hours ago….

I put together another web page with a few pictures from this weekends race in Brainerd. They’re not the best pictures ever taken (I suck with a camera) but I thought I’d share them anyway.

Those aren’t snow flakes in the zoo pictures, those are dust particles in the air. It was VERY dusty there this year!!! (as usual)

Enjoy,
Brian.

Click HERE to see the pictures.

Great pictures, Brian. What in the world is that one guy wearing in the picture from The Zoo? :eek:

Interesting shots from the scales. Never seen those before, but ironic that you have them since Angelle's incident.

why he is BIR's token Knight in Shining Armor.
he falls down a lot, so his buddies made him wear that:D
(i have no idea)
rick-shaws and muckitty-mucks.....'06 jargin.
oh yes, and Elvis was there.

Great pictures, Brian. What in the world is that one guy wearing in the picture from The Zoo? :eek:

Interesting shots from the scales. Never seen those before, but ironic that you have them since Angelle's incident.

Thanks Michele.

I’m not sure about the guy wearing the armor!! I noticed him looking at me and his friends were telling him “go get him” but he didn’t move, he just stood there. Later, I heard someone say “did you see the guy wearing the suit of armor, he was trying to start fights with people” Maybe he decided not to mess with me because I’m 6’4, 305lbs…… I don’t know!!

Yea I liked the scale shots too! The one of Phil Burkhart’s car shows the guys taking off the header because it was dragging on the ground. They removed it just AFTER rolling off the scale. We thought something was funny with Angelle’s bike. A friend of mine said “why is Antron riding Angelle’s bike back to the pits” A few minutes later we saw Angelle riding a scooter back to the pits by herself. After hearing what happened later it made sense to me, she probably was stuck doing interviews.

Great pics Brian...Brainerd is a really nice track...I would love to make it to the event there someday.
I think the pic of the CSK car at the porta-john is pretty funny...makes it look like Phil had to make a pit stop! :D

Great pics Brian...Brainerd is a really nice track...I would love to make it to the event there someday.
I think the pic of the CSK car at the porta-john is pretty funny...makes it look like Phil had to make a pit stop! :D

Thanks,

Yea I thought that was pretty funny too. That was the porta- john for the scale workers.

Brian. :)

Dang Brian, you got around! IN the Tower, at the scales! In the Zoo....Did they have any Grizzlies or Elephants in the Zoo?:p

Dang Brian, you got around! IN the Tower, at the scales! In the Zoo....Did they have any Grizzlies or Elephants in the Zoo?:p

I was in the right place at the right time!!!!

Thursday night in the hotel parking lot we met a guy who had a tower suite. He said “where are you guys watching the races from” we said “the stands” He said “I have a tower suite, you guys should watch the races with me!!!!!” Turns out, He’s best friends with the famous chopper builder…. Donnie Smith.

What a great weekend. I got to watch drag racing in a tower suite, sitting on a leather couch, in the A/C, next to Donnie Smith. This will go down as the best drag race I’ve ever been to!!!

We watched the first round of nitro qualifying from the roof of the tower. Here is a picture I took with my camera phone from the roof. After first round of qualifying I went back to my car to get my digital camera.

towerroof.JPG

The weekend could have been a little better though……

I missed drinking beer from the Stanley Cup by about an hour!!!

We ate pizza at a place called Zorbaz on Gull lake Saturday night after Qualifying. I was reading a local web site today and it turns out the Stanley Cup was at Zorbaz along with the Miller Lite team. They must have showed up just after we left. Here is a picture of a guy drinking from the Stanley Cup at Zorbaz. That is Bret Hedican from the Hurricanes holding the Cup.

cup5.jpg

cup6.jpg

Last edited:
Those were cool shots thanks for sharing.
Boy those bleachers looked pretty empty! :confused:

Bob, last year I was talking to a couple who sell souveniors for the Kalitta's. They were saying far more people hang out in the Zoo at night then go to the races! Speaking of the Zoo, he was saying it has gotten out of hand in the past. In years' past trailers would get set on Fire!

Those were cool shots thanks for sharing.
Boy those bleachers looked pretty empty! :confused:
the stands are usually light on friday - sat. and surprisingly sunday they
were very full. bir has a large seating capacity; if anyone knows the number,
could you post it? between tower side reserved / spectator side reserved /
and general admission / you've got a lot of people spread out.
I'd also be interested to know the approx. spectator count for the weekend.

Bob, last year I was talking to a couple who sell souveniors for the Kalitta's. They were saying far more people hang out in the Zoo at night then go to the races! Speaking of the Zoo, he was saying it has gotten out of hand in the past. In years' past trailers would get set on Fire!

I could appreciate a good party but if I go to an event I'm gonna watch! ;)
It does look like a damn good time though....:D
They were probably nursing hang overs. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Have you ever tried listening to Fuel cars with the Hangover from Hell? It's the Headache from hell!:eek:

The VERY FIRST time I ever drank (and therefore, my very first hangover) was the night before the Winternationals. My dad always took me out to breakfast before the race and he wondered why I was not eating much. Then at the race I couldn't believe how loud the cars were and how bad my head was pounding. I think I waited quite a while before drinking again. I loved the races and HATED that day!!!:eek:

Joe,

The Zoo is on race track property so I think the only way to get into the Zoo is with a race ticket. With that said….. I suppose some people buy a race ticket just for the party.

As for it getting out of hand….

Not only have trailers been burned but cars, trucks, bathrooms, dumpsters, tents, porta-johns along with the usual couches, chairs, pallets etc…… It has calmed down some over the last few years though.

Brian.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back