Bob Frey Comments (1 Viewer)

T-Bone

Nitro Member
Ok, so I'm listening to the webcast and Bob is talking about "Hey there's John Force..saw him on TV the other night" (He was going to watch Britney & Courtney race) . "Hey if you see John, tell him you want to be a teacher..." I think it was funny that he was busting Johns chops on that...

T-Bone :D

He also just mentioned that Warren Johnson and Da Grump have been nominated for inclusion in the International Motorsports Hall Of Fame!!

And this for the few complaining about John earlier, this from dragracecentral.com:

Force, whose need to be liked by fans, rivals, sponsors and the media has in the past bordered on the neurotic, is trying to take it all in stride.

"They've said I'm a bad dad and that I swear too much," Force said, "but what you see is me. I love my kids with all my heart but trying to get through to them isn't easy. All I've known for 30 years is drag racing. I know how to talk to sponsors and the media and the racers, but I don't know how to communicate with my daughters.

"Watching the show, though, I've learned some things about myself and I'm really trying to do better. If my girls want to race, I want to give them every chance. If they don't want to race, then I'll support them in whatever they do."

And this for the few complaining about John earlier, this from dragracecentral.com:

Force, whose need to be liked by fans, rivals, sponsors and the media has in the past bordered on the neurotic, is trying to take it all in stride.

"They've said I'm a bad dad and that I swear too much," Force said, "but what you see is me. I love my kids with all my heart but trying to get through to them isn't easy. All I've known for 30 years is drag racing. I know how to talk to sponsors and the media and the racers, but I don't know how to communicate with my daughters.

"Watching the show, though, I've learned some things about myself and I'm really trying to do better. If my girls want to race, I want to give them every chance. If they don't want to race, then I'll support them in whatever they do."

I loved the show, and I'm certainly in no position to judge the man on how he behaves with his family, it's none of my business. However, if he feels he has learned something about himself by watching the show, then good on him - acknowledging a shortcoming is the first step on the road to recovery...

I saw a friend of mine at lunch today, younger guy in his 20's. I asked him if he watched Driving Force this week, he started cracking up "I love that show, John Force is the worst dad in the world"................I cracked up, " Yeah he's working on getting better":D

I heard the comment, too - that was funny as hell.
What more would you expect from Bob Frey ...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back