Blake Blowed It Up (1 Viewer)

That was a major bummer for Blake, being a new team owner and all. You could almost see him mentally tallying the dollar signs as he surveyed the damage.

After a certain distance down track, the switch doesn't work, so you have to make that decision within the first 2.5 seconds of the run.

Why is that? Is that by design or the equipment simply won't receive a signal from that amount of distance?

I know I'm going to sound like a dumba$$ for saying this, but if it's the latter, that would really surprise me. I would think in this day and age there is certainly some sort of technology out there that would allow that signal to be received from well outside of a quarter of a mile, let alone inside......

Sean D

Why is that? Is that by design or the equipment simply won't receive a signal from that amount of distance?

I know I'm going to sound like a dumba$$ for saying this, but if it's the latter, that would really surprise me. I would think in this day and age there is certainly some sort of technology out there that would allow that signal to be received from well outside of a quarter of a mile, let alone inside......

Sean D
I'm not sure, Jeff Arend may know the answer to that. I believe that's all Dave Leahy's stuff, he would be the best to ask.

Sean D
It's 2019...almost 2020 and I can't get a constant clear signal on my car radio of an AM signal from NYC......WTH

Warning: war story. When I was in the Air Force, was stationed for 3 years in Roswell, NM. At night, we usta listen to KOMA, Okla City, on AM. Would come in for awhile & fade out, then back in. Music they played was better than local Roswell station KBIM. (How do I remember that after 50 plus years...) Also listen to Wolfman Jack, XERB, out of Mexico. Both those stations had powerful AM at night. I think we also picked up a Chicago station, WGN??? We do have a local Phoenix AM station that plays oldies but moldies in the day time. Can't remember listening to AM at night, probably cuz I'm home watching Velocity channel. :)

Langdon passed him at about 700 ft so he probably didnt realize he had that many holes out or didnt think that would happen
but im sure he saw him out the window before it blew up...so did it have the new split style manifold on it or the standard one?

Warning: war story. When I was in the Air Force, was stationed for 3 years in Roswell, NM. At night, we usta listen to KOMA, Okla City, on AM. Would come in for awhile & fade out, then back in. Music they played was better than local Roswell station KBIM. (How do I remember that after 50 plus years...) Also listen to Wolfman Jack, XERB, out of Mexico. Both those stations had powerful AM at night. I think we also picked up a Chicago station, WGN??? We do have a local Phoenix AM station that plays oldies but moldies in the day time. Can't remember listening to AM at night, probably cuz I'm home watching Velocity channel. :)

If my memory is right it was WLS Chicago

Worlds Largest Store. Sears. Their building was several square blocks and they fired up their own radio station.

Worlds Largest Store. Sears. Their building was several square blocks and they fired up their own radio station.

Ahhh.....the oldsters have awoken......NCIS must be a repeat (LOL)

oldpooter.gif

I just wanted an excuse to use that GIF...... ;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back