Big John Mazmanian passes (1 Viewer)

Nick Name

Nitro Member
It is being reported on another board that Big John lost his battle with Leukemia.

Will never forget his candy apple red gassers and funnycars.

Jay

Oh Geez if true we lost another Icon of the sport and a personal favorite ! When you thought of Gassers in the sixties and seventy's you used Big John as the yardstick!

Certainly sorry to read ....

Big John had some of the most awesome cars and paint jobs...Once again ..Thanks for the memories ...

It is being reported on another board that Big John lost his battle with Leukemia.

Will never forget his candy apple red gassers and funnycars.

Jay
:( God rest his soul. I remember running against his nephew Rich Soronian in his candy red corvette back in late '62 or early '63, I can't remeber which. I just met his god son 2 weeks ago on business. We talked about Big John and some of the past. He didn't mention the illness.

Thoughts and condolences to his family. Big John was one of the first drivers I followed as a young drag fan,

Hang Ten t-shirts, white 505 Jeans, Long flowing Gray/White hair, voice that didn't quite fit a MAN of his size. The "Army" helping Roland and Larry that first weekend back in '69, running 7.30's at the 'Dale, the County, then Carlsbad... Killing trannys and driveshafts at the PDA meet '69, then coming back to win the whole thing... First flopper over 220... and if you thought the race cars were beautiful, you should have seen the Trash Trucks....

Gonna miss you John, God Speed... and Good Luck in the High Roller Race in Heaven... Say Hi to Papa Joe for me

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back