"Big Daddy" Swamp Rat At Tha Gators' Video (1 Viewer)

Super!

Got a chance to have dinner with Don and his wife Pat last week. Don had a mini "Cackle Fest" Wednesday night before the Gators out in the musuem parking lot. It was great! The full moon coming up...and nitro! Of course the shuttle was SUPPOSED to launch that night...and that would have been the icing on the cake!

Don is planning on making the "Fest" bigger next year..with about 10 cars and a BBQ...on Wed...before Gators.

Make sure to watch for "Inside Drag Racing" and "Lokar Car Show" coming soon this year on Fox Sports Net. 11:30a for IDR every Sunday....every time zone!

We shot quite a few shows from the museums...Don's stuff was great, as usual. I loved getting to go into "Don's Garage"....where the really cool magic happens on restoring the cars for the museum, etc. I just loved working with Ted Jones..and Don. You can't even imagine the stories I heard!!!!!!!!!

DSC00428-11.JPG

Also filmed from the "Int'l Hall of Fame" banquet last Thursday night....great ceremony...Bob Frey MC again this year....and ya just gotta love Bob. Wish I could be half as quick as he is.

DSC00429-11.JPG

DSC00435-11.JPG

Super!

Got a chance to have dinner with Don and his wife Pat last week. Don had a mini "Cackle Fest" Wednesday night before the Gators out in the musuem parking lot. It was great! The full moon coming up...and nitro! Of course the shuttle was SUPPOSED to launch that night...and that would have been the icing on the cake!

Don is planning on making the "Fest" bigger next year..with about 10 cars and a BBQ...on Wed...before Gators.

Make sure to watch for "Inside Drag Racing" and "Lokar Car Show" coming soon this year on Fox Sports Net. 11:30a for IDR every Sunday....every time zone!

We shot quite a few shows from the museums...Don's stuff was great, as usual. I loved getting to go into "Don's Garage"....where the really cool magic happens on restoring the cars for the museum, etc. I just loved working with Ted Jones..and Don. You can't even imagine the stories I heard!!!!!!!!!

DSC00428-11.JPG

Also filmed from the "Int'l Hall of Fame" banquet last Thursday night....great ceremony...Bob Frey MC again this year....and ya just gotta love Bob. Wish I could be half as quick as he is.

DSC00429-11.JPG

DSC00435-11.JPG

Wow,that cackle fest would have been so cool,visiting the museum on Monday after the races and meeting Don was a dream come true for me,he truly has been an idol of mine since I was a kid.

About 10-15 years ago, Don brought one of the older Swamp Rats (8 carbs, no blower) to Etown. He tried to make a pass but couldn't turn the tires because the track was so sticky from the VHT. So he had to make the pass about 3' from the guardwall smoking them for the quarter!

About 10-15 years ago, Don brought one of the older Swamp Rats (8 carbs, no blower) to Etown. He tried to make a pass but couldn't turn the tires because the track was so sticky from the VHT. So he had to make the pass about 3' from the guardwall smoking them for the quarter!

He did the same thing at the 25th anniversary of Indy. Wish he would have ran this time.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back