Big Bud Shootout....the early years (1 Viewer)

premiering today......it is awesome.....thank you bobby!

That's cool to see the compilation. Thank-you ! I was fortunate to see the 1984 event and was very happy to see the Mongoo$e win. I was also very fortunate to see the Traxxas shootouts in 2013 and the Cragar/Weld Top Fuel Classic at Pomona in 1986. These were all fantastic "races within a race", greatly adding to the national events that they were a part of. So sad to see them go, but I am hopeful to see them (or some version of them) return in the future. Hopefully better times will see sponsors with deep pockets once again !

Interesting to realize after all this time. This isn’t about horsepower, reaction times, financial backing, quality or quantity of parts, rules compliance, driver experience, nitro percentage, crew chief salary or traction, atmospheric conditions or chassis builders. It’s about mustaches.

In Prudhomme's book I just read he said that the BBSO is still one of if not "the:" most cherished win of his career...combined with the fact that he doubled up the next day with the US Nationals win. Good stuff!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back