Bandimere firing back (1 Viewer)

BaldyLochs

Nitro Member
This is all going down right NOW out in Colorado. No nitro but plenty of spectacle, plenty of people, plenty of media hype. Not sure how I feel about this..... but hey- thought you’d at the very least like to get a look at this wonderful track - that won’t be seen this year on FS1 ......
End the COVID Chaos!

This rally was not to argue the fact of the virus in and around our area, it was to bring to light that the governor is overstepping his authority. The surrounding health departments guidelines for businesses being different for each type of business and location. Most small businesses have closed permanently due to these restrictions as they cannot afford to open even at 50% capacity or lower and make a living. It takes everything to try to understand how we can race with all these restrictions on us, but less than 2 miles away, thousands can be at Bear Creek Lake messing on the beach and water with NO restrictions.

Bandimere has gone above and beyond the requirements of the Health Department.

Why aren't they wearing masks if they were going to do this? It makes the scrutiny even worse!

I find there are two groups of people the first group is willing to wear masks and following social distancing and other rules.
The second group feels it is an infringement on their rights as Americans and that they should not have to wear masks because the government asks them to and they should not have to follow social distancing rules. Many in the second group also feel that this whole coronavirus thing is fake and just started by the media.

Which group do you fall into?

Jim Hill

I find there are two groups of people the first group is willing to wear masks and following social distancing and other rules.
The second group feels it is an infringement on their rights as Americans and that they should not have to wear masks because the government asks them to and they should not have to follow social distancing rules. Many in the second group also feel that this whole coronavirus thing is fake and just started by the media. l

There is huge difference in being ASKED and being TOLD to do something. Also - from being STARTED and being EXPLOITED! While reason has everything to do with this situation vindictivness without a sound and fair basis for anything from local authorities cannot be tolerated. The reality is that if someone is in fear of getting sick from being there just don't go. Chicken little got it wrong the sky was not falling.

I spent over 12 hours in the ER yesterday, and was surprised by what I did and did not see. Not one of the 70+ Dr's or Personnel had a n95 mask on. A simple homemade/generously donated covering was it. Something is going on, which I have no idea what, it is. I have been battling a few major ailments, so I mask up for others. This isn't about me. Something is not right from everything I have experienced and witnessed. I haven't heard any behind the curtain experiences, so this is mine.

Also, A rainy day account is one thing. Who planned for a rainy year. Muchless 2 ... I will continue to wear a mask until they know how this is really transmitted, just like I wore the gloves with no mask when it was surface transmission ..

Don't take my word. I am just someone who has been stuck in the Healthcare patient mess recently.

Be smart, be safe.

Last edited:
I don’t understand why some people get so dadgum bent out of shape about wearing a mask.
I’m no fan of them. But my wife keeps several in all our vehicles and we wear them whenever we’re out. She’s a mean old (not too old) nurse, and she has told me I will wear them when I’m around others.
Far be it from me to question authority. (where’s that sarcasm button?)
I just wish my glasses wouldn’t get fogged up every time I exhale.

The second group feels it is an infringement on their rights as Americans and that they should not have to wear masks because the government asks them to and they should not have to follow social distancing rules. Many in the second group also feel that this whole coronavirus thing is fake and just started by the media.

Jim Hill
I'm doing my best to not judge people, which does get challenging sometimes. I live in NYC where density is an issue - I don't leave my apartment without a mask on! So the masks do not bother me, I do not consider them an infringement on my rights or anything like that. I would gladly wear a mask all day at an NHRA event, unfortunately the new schedule released does not provide events in very close proximity for me to attend easily.

I don’t understand why some people get so dadgum bent out of shape about wearing a mask.
I’m no fan of them. But my wife keeps several in all our vehicles and we wear them whenever we’re out. She’s a mean old (not too old) nurse, and she has told me I will wear them when I’m around others.
I couldn't give you a like and a funny at the same time Ted. Try a racers trick and clean/wash your glasses with dawn or liquid soap. They sell anti-fog products as well.

Getting past 2 words of a sentence at a time before refog sure gets frustrating.

Stay away from the wine and champagne display in the grocery store. It can get really expensive, quick.

Try dowsing your glasses with rubbing alcohol or Dawn soap. That will prevent your glasses from fogging up.

Jim Hill

I think that most people will fall somewhere in the middle of those two scenarios. I as a practical person will only wear a mask in stores or other enclosed areas. Not in the car, not walking to or from a store or when I'm out exercising. Distancing myself from others in not a problem. I don't go to riots, protests or any other type of public gathering.

Additionally, the government can ask or make an order, but until it is law I am under no obligation to follow. Even then it may not be enforceable.

It's been my experience that the folks who are the most hostile toward mask wearing are the type who simply dislike being told what to do.

The same type of folks who, when Minnesota passed the mandatory seat belt law, refused to wear them, even though they knew it was smart to do so. "Not gonna tell ME what to do! So there!"

Last edited:
One thing I do know; if Ray and Gino tell me to try something, I’d best listen.
I’ve got plenty of Dawn soap. Doesn’t everybody?
I’m doing it right now.

Rubbing alcohol is rarer than Nitro lately.
I wear a mask because I don’t want to spend another week on a ventilator in a coma.
Yesterday I stopped in at my local pizza place and was surrounded by 10 unmasked little kids ignoring their parents to put their masks on. You could almost feel the covid jump off of them onto you....made my order and got the heck outta there

One thing I do know; if Ray and Gino tell me to try something, I’d best listen.
I’ve got plenty of Dawn soap. Doesn’t everybody?
I’m doing it right now.
Leave them sitting like you are wearing them on a paper towel for a minute to air dry for best results after rinsing. One drop goes a long way. You can clean your duck at the same time ...

I spent over 12 hours in the ER yesterday, and was surprised by what I did and did not see. Not one of the 70 Dr's or Personal had a n95 mask on. A t-shirt like cloth with rubber bands is the only thing everyone wore, Grama's scarf at best. Something is going on, but I have no idea what it is. I have been battling emphysema along with other ailments, so I mask up for others. I'm screwed. This isn't about me. Something is not right from everything I have experienced and have seen. A rainy day account is one thing. Who planned for a rainy year. Muchless 2 ... I will continue to wear a mask until they know how this is really transmitted, just like I wore the gloves with no mask when it was surface related ..

Don't take my word. I am just one who has been stuck in the Healthcare patient mess.

Be smart, be safe.

My dad had back surgery yesterday and everyone working at the hospital had the proper mask on yesterday and today. Hope you are well Ray. Just goes to show you how divided we are as a country and how inconsistent a message is communicated from our leader. I still think a great leader would have brought us together with everyone on the same page got through this with greater success.
I'm not sure what Bandimere is trying to do with this rally. Correct me if i'm wrong but when we raced there from 91-96 only the Night of fire and the Mile Highs had large crowds in the stands. Not sure why the can't follow protocol like the did at Indy. whatever happens i hope this is not the end of Bandimere.

I get all my data from medical professors like Rebecca Katz, Ashish Jha along with others and never from the media. I'm not an idiot!(this is directed at one person on here)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back