Bacardi buys Patron (1 Viewer)

Bacardi F/C...... Over the years, there have been a number of alcohol sponsored cars, like the Bud cars, Miller Beer, Smirinoff Vodka, etc etc

I'm guessing continued backing of a FC wasn't part of the bargain for Bacardi. Probably the real reason Alexis is done.

I guess John Paul is done, Do you think he could spend that amount of money in his lifetime? Totally agree that is why Alexis pulled herself into retirement? These thing don't happen over night.

I find John Paul life story to be very interesting since he started with very little money and slept in his car for a few years when he was trying to start his company.
I admire the fact that he has really paid back the homeless shelters where he showered and received food over the those hard years!

To me he is the American Success Story of how to become wealthy!!

Jim Hill
www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

Bacardi has owned 30% of Patron for a decade .... they are just expanding their ownership. I honestly don't think funding has anything to do with whether Alexis drives a FC or not .... that is the case with most people, but not her.

John Paul's cash out later this year will "only" be 70% of 5.1 billion.... John Paul started Patron in 1989 with a partner who died in 2003. JP bought out the partners stake from his estate in 2008, becoming Patron's first majority shareholder, at the same time that Bacardi acquired their 30%.

JP is a smart person who has done good financially. I'm a huge fan of people who operate under the shadow of the Golden Rule .... he is one.

Last edited:
Bacardi has owned 30% of Patron for a decade .... they are just expanding their ownership. I honestly don't think funding has anything to do with whether Alexis drives a FC or not .... that is the case with most people, but not her.

John Paul's cash out later this year will "only" be 70% of 5.1 billion.... John Paul started Patron in 1989 with a partner who died in 2003. JP bought out the partners stake from his estate in 2008, becoming Patron's first majority shareholder, at the same time that Bacardi acquired their 30%.

JP is a smart person who has done good financially. I'm a huge fan of people who operate under the shadow of the Golden Rule .... he is one.
I agree Jeff. And if your net worth has a "B" in front of it, I doubt it's difficult to shake out 2-3-4 Mil/yr to race, if you wanted to. But how they spend their money is the DeJorias' business. I'm a fan of Alexis, and do hope she comes back in some capacity in the future. And, also a really big fan of her dad and what he has accomplished.

I totally agree, Alexis has her reasons for retiring, but $$$ is not one of them. I do hope that we see her back in some limited capacity.

she'll be back, when her daughter goes to college or can make it on tour with her mom, she will have enough money to do whatever she wants.
But remember, drag racing is the best way to turn billionaires into millionaires

she'll be back, when her daughter goes to college or can make it on tour with her mom, she will have enough money to do whatever she wants.
But remember, drag racing is the best way to turn billionaires into millionaires

so, is this the new saying?
if you want to be a millionaire racing start with a billion..................

Hey Bob,
No you don't.
How about this, if you had a 1% stake in Patron' 1%, that's 51 MILLION dollars.
If you have 1 billion dollars and you put it a pass book for 2% annual interest, that's 20 million a year.......
Without ever touching the principal.

I LOVE math......
Alan

Here's my favorite comparison, and you can do your own math.
In seconds, like your watch goes tick tock, tick tock......
1 Million seconds is 11.5 days (Feel free to count them)
1 Billion seconds is over 31 years.
So if you have a Billion Dollars you can spend a million every 11.5 days and you won't go broke for over 31 years. If you never made another dollar.

Alan

So if you have a Billion Dollars you can spend a million every 11.5 days and you won't go broke for over 31 years. If you never made another dollar.

Alan

You obviously don't know my family....if I had a billion dollars I would be broke as soon as they found me....even if it took them 31 years! :D

Not sure you guys understand the difference between a Million and a Billion........

Alan

A billion is a thousand million. To say she quit over $4M a year is laughable. John Paul Dejoria is worth almost $4 billion.

From Forbes:

https://www.forbes.com/profile/john-paul-dejoria/
  • John Paul DeJoria is the founder of tequila maker Patrón Spirits Co. and cofounder of hair care company John Paul Mitchell Systems.
  • He slept in his car and sold shampoo door-to-door before he teamed up with Paul Mitchell in 1980 and turned $700 into John Paul Mitchell Systems.
  • In 1989 DeJoria and partner Martin Crowley acquired a stake in boutique tequila maker Patrón and have grown it to sales of more than $800 million.

I'd like to see the word "billion" baned. People don't get it. A million is a 6" stack of $1000 bills, a billion is a stack as high as the Washington monument. And before somebody says they don't make $1000 bills, they used to

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back