Austin Prock (1 Viewer)

Leebone

Nitro Member
Just curious, is there a reason he licenced in Courtney's car? The way that car has been running, I'm thinking it should be untouched by anyone but Courtney. What if he hit the wall or something?

Maybe because it's the most predictable of the Force cars at the moment? Maybe he fits in it with little changes?

Maybe John said pick out a car of your choice kid and he liked the red one. He must have made the right choice because he ran a 4.0 something shutting off early and it didn't blow up.:D

Maybe he is Courtney's replacement. Ya know marriage sometimes begets motherhood. Has happened before.

All jokes aside the kid did a nice job...and it was Johns car with Courtney's body on it.

Last edited:
They might be prepping him so they have a driver in case John decides to retire. I know a lot of people including quite a few members here would like to see that happen sooner rather than later but let's face it, John Force is a big part of the NHRA and the loss of him no longer driving is going to have an impact on the sport.

When JF finally retires, I don’t think the impact will be as big as many think. Because, he’s never going away, he’ll be every bit as involved as he his now. I think it wouldn’t be a bad thing, and would free him up to focus on running the teams and bringing in new sponsors.

Well now we know its NOT the car................
They didn't have the car hopped up and it didn't drop any holes so it should go straight. Hop it up or drop some holes and then it becomes a whole different animal.

They might be prepping him so they have a driver in case John decides to retire. I know a lot of people including quite a few members here would like to see that happen sooner rather than later but let's face it, John Force is a big part of the NHRA and the loss of him no longer driving is going to have an impact on the sport.
re·tire
rəˈtī(ə)r/
verb
verb: retire; 3rd person present: retires; past tense: retired; past participle: retired; gerund or present participle: retiring
  1. 1.
    leave one's job and cease to work, typically upon reaching the normal age for leaving employment.
    "he retired from the navy in 1966"
    synonyms:give up work, stop working, stop work;
    pack it in, call it quits

John has said you will have to pull him out of his car to bury him when he retires...in other words he's not retiring (see: Greek)

They didn't have the car hopped up and it didn't drop any holes so it should go straight. Hop it up or drop some holes and then it becomes a whole different animal.

4.0 and he clicked it off......sounds pretty fast to me. but I do agree it was a clean run

4.0 and he clicked it off......sounds pretty fast to me. but I do agree it was a clean run
It was a great pass for him. If I remember correctly I thought I saw a 275 mph on the timing board...but a 4.0 is a good et for him. I didn't see any cylinders drop so I don't know if it was a planned shut off or they saw something and decided to flip the switch. The next run I think it lost traction and then I left for Epping after that so I don't know how many passes he made.

Honestly not trying to poo-poo over what must be an exciting event for Austin Prock but..

The article indicates that he never made a full run - how can someone earn their license not even making it to the finish line?

Yeah I know that there are ET requirements, but that is a function of the car not the driver. We all know that the vehicle is capable of meeting the requirements. And how can a track operator be a signer on a license?

And this is not to take anything away from Mr. Prock, it's just more questioning the process in general that someone can coast through the finish line on their licensing runs and it's valid. I just think back to Troy Coughlin where the top end seemed to be his biggest problem.

The article indicates that he never made a full run - how can someone earn their license not even making it to the finish line?

Maybe you can share a link to the article you are reading, because I did not see the details you mentioned anywhere as of yet.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back