Attn Alan Reinhart... (1 Viewer)

mike

Nitro Member
Attn Alan Reinhart... OR Anyone @ Vegas today

Is there an Aaron Lynch in the F/C pits? His name is not on the entry list, but according to a media release the NHRA were saving him a 'spot' for Vegas.

Thanks

Mike

Last edited:
I don't know, I haven't seen him. If I find out for sure before first round I will let you know,

Alan

Mike,
who's car is Aaron Lynch driving ?
Hope he brings it home to Oz.

Mark.

Hi again buddy,

You are now going to make me go do my research... hold up.

Well the car is his, he bought a Monte Carlo body, but I believe (going on memory here) the chassis is from Toliver. Spike Gorr is meant to be doing the tuning for him, and he was meant to have got his license in Bakersfield last week, this is all according to a release he put out, I'll go double check that.

B&L Steel’s Aaron Lynch and 4 Aussie crew mates will be heading off to the USA at the end of the month to live out a dream and to experience drag racing from the other side of the water. Lynch purchased his 2006 Monte Carlo Nitro Funny Car a little over 6 months ago, complete with spare motors and transportation. “We’ve got a proven Plueger chassis that’s been fitted out with new parts and late model equipment” said Lynch, “and I want to give driving (what I consider), the baddest vehicle on the planet a go.”

The team will meet up with the B&L Steel US racing operation at the drag strip in Bakersfield, California to conduct testing for about a week. Spike Gorr will be tuning the Monte Carlo and overseeing the mixed Aussie and US crew. As Lynch already has a Group 1 ANDRA licence, he is able to upgrade this licence by completing competence testing and running a minimum of 5.50 seconds at 250mph. “I need two drivers of the same class to witness the run to get signed off for racing”. “If we get licensed and we have enough equipment left to compete, the NHRA are holding open a spot for us at the Las Vegas meeting in early April”.

That was part of the press release....

Then Geoff from Dragster Australia just typed this on the forum...

"Reports from US indicate that the car will be crated up and bound for OZ, not running in the USA."

Guess it's not happening, what a shame. With out sounding like an ass, I wasn't expecting to see him show up at Vegas.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back