Atlanta TV Schedule (1 Viewer)

Notch1320

BerserkoBob
Nitro Member
It looks like the TV coverage for Atlanta will only be on Sunday May 2nd. Two hours of Qualifying at 10:30 am then three hours of the actual race from 11:30 pm till 2:30 am the next day. No Friday show because this is one of the races where the Pros get only two qualifying on Saturday.

Fox Network has a TBA from 2-5 on Sunday Afternoon. Maybe NHRA. Source TVGuide.com

1130 pm,primetime for a historical last event lol
key word: historical.......as in historically late
here is fsn1's programming for may 2, 2021
checking ratings from last sunday, we find PBA bowling scored a .42, while MLS soccer game scored a .24, followed by nhra scoring a .18
now if 4wide racing is even a partial cause for the .18 rating, don't you think it's time to analyze what is going on?
i can guarantee you the bowling show is not tape delayed from Ralph's Five Bagger Lanes from earlier on sunday.
what causes this demotion to 10:30pm cst start? is it the fsn1 contract to be bumped by bowling and mls? ....... if their ratings are higher, i guess i get it.

If NHRA would spend the coin on Advertisement through tv and social media commercials, Maybe, they would get better ratings. C'mon, this isn't the ESPN days.

My understanding is that the NHRA pays to be on TV. If still true, the contracts probably clearly state that the events that TV channel pays for get scheduling priority.

If NHRA would spend the coin on Advertisement through tv and social media commercials, Maybe, they would get better ratings. C'mon, this isn't the ESPN days.
This is worse than ESPN, they started many races @ wrong times, but very seldom pushed eliminations to the middle of the night

NHRA really needs a workable subscription service, something like NHRA.TV but with car sound instead of yelling, consistent video stream and time shift capabilities, charge a high price for a high quality product. It can be done, with today’s video and audio technology, Drag Racing is just about the most perfect sport to showcase it.
Imagine watching on your biggest screen, audio piped thru your sound system. 4K and Atmos. Shake the damn house and neighborhood.

Saw on a drag racing Facebook page That the TV times were pushed up 2 hours from the original posted times for both qualifying and the finals. Couldn't confirm that anywhere else I looked.

I was all set to watch qualifying Saturday but then saw it was broadcast Sunday. So I looked at the results and when I saw how many cars didn’t make it down the track I didn’t bother watching qualifying. Then on Sunday night I was ready to settle back and enjoy some racing.. oops....11:30 p.m.! So again I looked at the results and now haven’t bothered to watch the show at all. Frustrating.

stayed awake to watch race last nite (10:30cst), fell asleep either during first or second pair.

what caused the nhra atlanta eliminations to air at 11:30pm EST?.......was it poor ratings from the vegas 4wides? was it pro bowlers and mls outspending nhra? i really don't know.
what we do know today is that something is not right........sunday's 10:30am Q show registered a whopping .12 to win the race to the bottom of the motorsports ratings.
in fact, the .12 rating for the Q show was the lowest rating of ALL SPORTS last weekend.........even worse, the 11:30pm eliminations show apparently did not even register a number?
.........scroll to bottom to see a .30 rating at same race two years ago with a 6:00pm tape delayed broadcast..........what the heck is going on!? zero interest = zero dollars.
is there a employee/s or management problem somewhere? it feels like our sport is being ran rite into the ground.

Last edited:
and one more thing......bruno massel was interviewing from top end at atlanta. where was amanda busick? oh, she was in texas......at cota, announcing
at the world GT challenge, which seems to have suffered the same fate as the nhra with their sunday race not showing on ratings chart.

what caused the nhra atlanta eliminations to air at 11:30pm EST?.......was it poor ratings from the vegas 4wides? was it pro bowlers and mls outspending nhra? i really don't know.
what we do know today is that something is not right........sunday's 10:30am Q show registered a whopping .12 to win the race to the bottom of the motorsports ratings.
in fact, the .12 rating for the Q show was the lowest rating of ALL SPORTS last weekend.........even worse, the 11:30pm eliminations show apparently did not even register a number?
.........scroll to bottom to see a .30 rating at same race two years ago with a 6:00pm tape delayed broadcast..........what the heck is going on!? zero interest = zero dollars.
is there a employee/s or management problem somewhere? it feels like our sport is being ran rite into the ground.
Laughed at the pro bowlers comment. The replay before the face broadcast was the FORTH replay of that tournament this week and it was on earlier on the same day!! Hard to understand how the NHRA pays for this coverage and gets the awful time slots they get sometimes. Thank God for DVR's or I would have never seen the Atlanta finals. And please, please, please stop with the white on bright green graphics already. UNREADABLE!!!!!! Just once I would like to see who actually left the line first.

Laughed at the pro bowlers comment. The replay before the face broadcast was the FORTH replay of that tournament this week and it was on earlier on the same day!! Hard to understand how the NHRA pays for this coverage and gets the awful time slots they get sometimes. Thank God for DVR's or I would have never seen the Atlanta finals. And please, please, please stop with the white on bright green graphics already. UNREADABLE!!!!!! Just once I would like to see who actually left the line first.
the PBA had the 6pm slot on FS1 sunday evening (.26 rating), followed by mls soccer game (.16 rating), followed by nhra (no rating).........both the pba and mls beat the nhra in ratings the weekend of the vegas 4wides.......... i see the next two nat. events in concord and houston are scheduled 6-9pm on fs1 sunday evening delayed broadcasts.

Last edited:
NHRA doesn't want to spend the $$ to advertise on local network channels. One would think with all of the "official sponsor of the NHRA" they would have the money to do so.

I can tell you that the ratings for the Gatormationals were solid. However, the 11:30 start time on Sunday night was unacceptable. One time, okay. But I don't want to see this become a trend. Nobody is going to stay up to start watching a program at almost midnight especially if they have to work in the morning. You may as well not even show it. Our sport has a lot to offer its fans and new sponsors but this time slot was very disappointing.

I could be wrong but I heard the poor tIme slot was due to the race being rescheduled from the original date. It was originally two weeks after Gainesville but when it was moved to last weekend they had to squeeze it into this weekends schedule.

I ended up buying the weekend pass nhratv, quality of pic wasnt bad, but of course the announcer wouldnt stop talking and you can hear the announcer very well,but not the cars,its like a muted sound of cars,like the mic is in the tower for the cars,turn up the cars,turn down the announcers PLEASE

I ended up buying the weekend pass nhratv, quality of pic wasnt bad, but of course the announcer wouldnt stop talking and you can hear the announcer very well,but not the cars,its like a muted sound of cars,like the mic is in the tower for the cars,turn up the cars,turn down the announcers PLEASE
That really doesn’t bother me. I know what the cars sound like. There is no broadcast on TV or internet that can even come close to the sound that you get at the track. For me, the NHRA.tv broadcast is as close as you can get to being at the track. I do DVR the television coverage but rarely watch it unless there is something I want to see again.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back