Ashley Sanford to Get TF License after Spring Vegas Race (1 Viewer)

Doesn't mean a thing if she doesn't have a sponsor or seat in waiting it would just make her another unemployed driver!
LOL

There's lots of them out there! Just sayin!

Happy for her but how many rounds of competition has she won so far?? Not bagging on her but she needs more seat time.

Doesn't mean a thing if she doesn't have a sponsor or seat in waiting it would just make her another unemployed driver!
LOL

There's lots of them out there! Just sayin!

Let's just say that she is a little more marketable than your average driver and that is the one thing she is banking on! I wish her the best but I am also a realist at the same time!

*cough*Let'shopeWeSeeHerInA2ndJFRdragster*cough*

Last edited:
Will be pretty embarrassing if she can't pull it off. What happened to waiting until after an achievement has been earned before announcing it to the world? Or are these cars just that easy to drive now...

Happy for her but how many rounds of competition has she won so far?? Not bagging on her but she needs more seat time.

Let's just say that she is a little more marketable than your average driver and that is the one thing she is banking on! I wish her the best but I am also a realist at the same time!

*cough*Let'shopeWeSeeHerInA2ndJFRdragster*cough*

Why because she is a women?
What happened to earning your stripes and not anointed becacause of her gender and looks?
I can think of another in NASCAR that really hasn't done a thing to warrant so much press!
Your thoughts are exactly what's wrong now-a-days!

Last edited:
You guys do know its 2017 and its called social media!! She has an opportunity to get her TF license and you guys act like she's breaking a law just because its does not fit your BS criteria. Cant you just be happy for her? Are you not taking your Metamucil or Geritol?

You guys do know its 2017 and its called social media!! She has an opportunity to get her TF license and you guys act like she's breaking a law just because its does not fit your BS criteria. Cant you just be happy for her? Are you not taking your Metamucil or Geritol?

No because she is getting or trying to get her TF license which isn't a big deal anymore lots of people have them.
Women have been in the sport for decades she is just another of many!

Why because she is a women?
What happened to earning your stripes and not anointed becacause of her gender and looks?
I can think of another in NASCAR that really hasn't done a thing to warrant so much press!
Your thoughts are exactly what's wrong now-a-days!

How are they "wrong?" Sorry, but I call things as I see them. Sorry if it's an inconvenient truth. The thing is, in our modern image-conscious era in many forms of industry a person needs more than just raw talent to stand a chance of getting a big-time gig. Hell, sometimes looks can help cover up downsides. Take music, for example. Katharine McPhee wasn't the best singer on American Idol, but in her season she went all the way to the final two, why? She was so hot that everyone's eyes deceived their ears (It must be noted that she has multiple albums and is currently starring on a hit TV drama while Taylor Hicks is playing in bars/clubs).

In Ashley's case it doesn't take a brain surgeon to see that she is going to be an instant fan and TV favorite. If a fan can see that, so can a team owner. When Leah Pritchett was driving for the Dote's she got that team more attention than some of the big time teams. I am wishing her the best of success in her venture. FWIW, I don't think her lack of "going rounds" has anything to do with her driving. Kind of hard to go rounds when you are running 5.40's and 5.50's and the other cars are going 5.20's! They need to dial it up a notch or two....

BTW, I know the NASCAR driver you're talking about and I 100% agree.

So far she has commitments to some but not all the money to run for a season. This is just another step in the right direction for her that may open doors for more commitments, and one of her sponsors is paying the bill on the licensing. With a license in hand she would be able to rent a couple of runs on available test days from teams in order to gain more experience a lot easier than if she didn't already have a license. I'm not at liberty to mention names, but she's been offered licensing opportunities from some of the best teams that for one reason or another fell through (no fault of her own) to license in the past. Time will tell what the future holds for her.

There is and has been plenty of diversity in drag racing. That said, I don't think we will ever see a gender rivalry like it was with Shirley vs the men.

on the one hand you have drivers like the Force girls, EE, Angelle, Leah and Alexis.
on the other hand you have Lori Johns, Dannielle DePorter, Cristen Powell, etc.

if they love it and are in it as long as they can compete, more power to them. The others lose interest and move on.

The cream will rise to the top. All the money , publicity , good looks and crew chiefs can't provide consistent wins if the driver has limited talent.
That said, you still need a license and a car. Anyway that happens if fine with me. Go for it Ashley and work hard

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back