Anybody else catch Whit's............ (1 Viewer)

Again,you folks are gettin' too sensitive for me. If he did, I'm sure it was a good natured & funny rib for takin' Scelzi out. I mean, he (Whit) had just taken Capps out so how could it be anything but a joke towards them & if I was on the Kalitta team that's exactly how I would have taken it. But then again I've never been that PC & hope I never am. I hope the racers never get that uptight either. What some people here think it's like to be part of that traveling circus & what it's really like to be with these teams is poles apart. You've been listening to too much ESPN's hype in their feeble attempts at creating something where there is nothing. Do you folks go to work every day & lock yourself into some corner office somewhere so as not to be offended by the mean ol' people in this world?
Hell, flip me the bird for voicing my opinion. I promise I won't take it personal & I'll get a good laugh out of it to boot. Jeez!:D ...................."HIP"

I missed that, when did that happen?

Can't remember if that was after first or second round. But they show them towing the Kalitta car in the pits and panning over to Whit's team it was in plain sight!

Again,you folks are gettin' too sensitive for me. If he did, I'm sure it was a good natured & funny rib for takin' Scelzi out. I mean, he (Whit) had just taken Capps out so how could it be anything but a joke towards them & if I was on the Kalitta team that's exactly how I would have taken it. But then again I've never been that PC & hope I never am. I hope the racers never get that uptight either. What some people here think it's like to be part of that traveling circus & what it's really like to be with these teams is poles apart. You've been listening to too much ESPN's hype in their feeble attempts at creating something where there is nothing. Do you folks go to work every day & lock yourself into some corner office somewhere so as not to be offended by the mean ol' people in this world?
Hell, flip me the bird for voicing my opinion. I promise I won't take it personal & I'll get a good laugh out of it to boot. Jeez!:D ...................."HIP"

As long as Whit keeps drawing Capps and beating him,:cool: he can shoot anybody the bird.:D :D

Did anybody catch Whit backpeddling his comments about:
Dave: "What do you think about your next round matchup?"
Whit: "Medlen? [I think it's great their racing head's up blah blah blah like we are, nobody would have guessed that?"] I looked at the ladder and took for granted Force the next round.

Will he learn to keep his mouth shut? Nope, that's what makes him Hazemore...

It was nice though to at least see him make a positive comment about it instead of taking a jab...

Did anybody catch Whit backpeddling his comments about:
Dave: "What do you think about your next round matchup?"
Whit: "Medlen? [I think it's great their racing head's up blah blah blah like we are, nobody would have guessed that?"] I looked at the ladder and took for granted Force the next round.

Will he learn to keep his mouth shut? Nope, that's what makes him Hazemore...

It was nice though to at least see him make a positive comment about it instead of taking a jab...

I saw nothing wrong with his comment. Why do you get your panties in a bunch whenever Whit speaks his mind? Some of you guys are way to sensitive!

I'm far from PC, and definitely not sensitive to ESPN's rants or those of fans on this board. I simply thought it was a little dis-tasteful considering there were a bunch of fans standing right next to him at the ropes. It wouldn't bother me, but if I had a child with me, I might think a little different. I also didn't see anything wrong with what he said about the Force/Medlen matchup.

I saw nothing wrong with his comment. Why do you get your panties in a bunch whenever Whit speaks his mind? Some of you guys are way to sensitive!

Huh???
I didn't get my panties in a bunch...

I just thought it was hillarious of Bazemore to stick his foot in his mouth on National TV the week before then have to remove it on the same broadcast 7 days later.

No where in that post did I even act like it bothered me???
I even said I liked seeing him recant his statement (something very uncharacteristic for him)...

I think the new board is reading way to much into people's post and looking for folks to be more sensitive now that names are displayed. Everyone needs to R-E-L-A-X...:cool:

Actually, on that same note, as far as I go...Whit could come on there and bash every driver under the NHRA sanction, and I would still discount it...because I honestly do take him and his mouth with a grain of salt.

Sometimes, when people just quote what someone says and make a comment on it, it doesn't mean they have a problem with it.

The same goes for last week when I posted Whit's exact quote on the whole racing heads up thing...it didn't bother me, upset me, phase me, etc. - I just posted it and commented it because I thought it was an interesting Whit moment.

Huh???
I didn't get my panties in a bunch...

I just thought it was hillarious of Bazemore to stick his foot in his mouth on National TV the week before then have to remove it on the same broadcast 7 days later.

No where in that post did I even act like it bothered me???
I even said I liked seeing him recant his statement (something very uncharacteristic for him)...

I think the new board is reading way to much into people's post and looking for folks to be more sensitive now that names are displayed. Everyone needs to R-E-L-A-X...:cool:

I think a few people think that beacuse we are now more sensitive, that certain drivers or players in the sport are going to stop coming across as moron's when they speak. It might happen, but it didn't this last weekend

one thing people tend to forget about is the fact that racers are HUMAN. hell i have gotten out after running against a friend and laughingly given him the bird. who cares ! nobody has ripped john force for showing his beer covered ass on television. i didn't jump up and cover my kids eyes and send A&E a letter about proper television. and I sure didn't loose any sleep over it. seems most of you watch whit just to see what you can complane about. grow up!

Last edited:
one thing people tend to forget about is the fact that racers are HUMAN. hell i have gotten out after running against a friend and laughingly given him the bird. who cares ! nobody has ripped john force for showing his bear covered ass on television. i didn't jump up and cover my kids eyes and send A&E a letter about proper television. and I sure didn't loose any sleep over it. seems most of you watch whit just to see what you can complane about. grow up!
I tried to explain clearly that I could not care less what Whit said, so if that last part was aimed at me (not personally, but generally as one of the "most of you"), then I'll just chalk it up to you not reading the entire thread before posting...

On the otherhand though...I think one reason people didn't say much about John showing his butt was because it was on his TV show. They were watching it for the intent to see what John wanted to do with his time. (I know you were just making a point with that, but I am also using your same point)...

Whenever ANY driver, not just Whit says anything about ANY other driver or team, it gets blasted on here. There have been too many threads like that to name. I can't help it (nor can any other human being besides Mr. Bazemore) if Whit just happens to say this stuff more often than everyone else on camera. Call it having balls to say it on TV, or whatever you want, but you do it in the public eye, and people are going to comment on it. Sure, other drivers talk trash and whatnot, just not in EVERY dang interview they have.

I, for one, don't watch anything on TV but drag racing, and don't regularly visit any other website except this one and NHRA.com (for the most part). So, naturally, when I watch it, I do generally catch the comments people make, and he just happens to be the ones dishing out most of comments that cause a stir.

My dad always told me, "If you can't take it, don't dish it out." So given that standard, we can make a post a day about Whit quoting him, or "bashing him, " and there are just enough people on here to take up for him and what he give out to handle our dishing it back to him. :D

Amen to that Roger ("HIP") it is getting rediculous, pretty soon he is going to have to ask permission to fart even if it's off camera! LOL :rolleyes:

I tried to explain clearly that I could not care less what Whit said, so if that last part was aimed at me (not personally, but generally as one of the "most of you"), then I'll just chalk it up to you not reading the entire thread before posting...

On the otherhand though...I think one reason people didn't say much about John showing his butt was because it was on his TV show. They were watching it for the intent to see what John wanted to do with his time. (I know you were just making a point with that, but I am also using your same point)...

Whenever ANY driver, not just Whit says anything about ANY other driver or team, it gets blasted on here. There have been too many threads like that to name. I can't help it (nor can any other human being besides Mr. Bazemore) if Whit just happens to say this stuff more often than everyone else on camera. Call it having balls to say it on TV, or whatever you want, but you do it in the public eye, and people are going to comment on it. Sure, other drivers talk trash and whatnot, just not in EVERY dang interview they have.

I, for one, don't watch anything on TV but drag racing, and don't regularly visit any other website except this one and NHRA.com (for the most part). So, naturally, when I watch it, I do generally catch the comments people make, and he just happens to be the ones dishing out most of comments that cause a stir.

My dad always told me, "If you can't take it, don't dish it out." So given that standard, we can make a post a day about Whit quoting him, or "bashing him, " and there are just enough people on here to take up for him and what he give out to handle our dishing it back to him. :D

NO it was not directed at YOU!... as i stated , it seems that some people watch whit just to find something to jump up and down about. if what i posted got you jumping and stomping then mabey you placed yourself in that catagory. I just think it is funny how so many people get their panties in a bundle over anything whit does. and john force can swear, play diving games, ad 10 more cars and litterly show his butt on national t.v. and that doesn't bother anyone. but whit speaks his mind , jokeing or seriously , and everyone gets offended. THAT is why i think people need to grow up. why aren't people jumping on mike dunn for asking the question about "boxers or briefs" . i could live without knowing that one , but who cares.

The Surgeon General estimates 12.6 hours of quality production and work time has been lost due to people typing opinions and reading posts about Whit flipping the bird. :rolleyes:

And I am sure the haters will blame Whit for that too! :D

So what....he flipped him the bird. Noone knows what was behind that. Until ya do.....SUSH already with every little move Whit makes. It may have been in jest. It may be a joke between them. It may be none of the above. Ooooh...it's about the "children"....yeah right! Ya don't think they see that on an expressway daily? Go to a Toys R Us at Christmastime....see how well behaved the public is. Whit can't be lookin for a camera every time he moves to make sure noone sees him. C'mon.....we live in the real world not some PC bubble. Quit trying to shelter so much.

The Surgeon General estimates 12.6 hours of quality production and work time has been lost due to people typing opinions and reading posts about Whit flipping the bird. :rolleyes:
I'm wasting time here right now (I need to heed those S.G. Warnings)... if I typed a million words a minute like my wife, then the time wasted would be miniscule, but I only do about 55.:D

Oh, and I'm going to lose even more productive time right now, I didn't notice the bird yesterday, so I'm going to watch the tape again just for this reason.

Whit, I still love ya... you keep this place balanced:p :D ...rock on dude.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back