Another Tony Stewart thread (1 Viewer)

ironpony

Nitro Member
So I was reading an article about Tony having his own SRX series of 6 races. The trackside announcer suggested that SRX co-owner Stewart launch a drag-racing version of his popular six-race, short-track series that will return to CBS this summer. Could Tony be the one with his connections and financial backing that could possibly compete with the NHRA?

So I was reading an article about Tony having his own SRX series of 6 races. The trackside announcer suggested that SRX co-owner Stewart launch a drag-racing version of his popular six-race, short-track series that will return to CBS this summer. Could Tony be the one with his connections and financial backing that could possibly compete with the NHRA?
Why would he want to? Not like SRX is intended to be a direct competitor against NASCAR, or not any more so than something like IndyCar or IMSA. It's a different type of show altogether. I think he's smart enough to know that trying to start a new series that is intended to be the new NHRA would never work long term. We've seen it tried before, and all those competitor series are now defunct.

i think that is the last thing that would ever happen. he isn't a new 2 car team owner in nhra because the business model stinks.
the purse structure and payouts mite stink, but the ability to attract sponsors and field competitive, professional nhra cars that operate on some level of profit is something nobody wants to mess with.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back