Anderson Will Start from Second behind Teammate Line in Brainerd (1 Viewer)

For the second consecutive race and the fourth time in 2011, Summit Racing Pro Stock teammates Jason Line and Greg Anderson earned the top two positions for an NHRA national event, this time at the NHRA Nationals in Brainerd, Minnesota. On this occasion, it was Line topping the field at 6.581 seconds with Anderson just behind him with a strong 6.591-second time, which came with a BIR record top speed of 209.59 mph.

This marks the 27th time the talented tandem has staked their claim atop the field in their careers, which usually bodes well for their showing on Sunday, as a KB Racing entry has won the race on 20 of the previous 26 times they had qualified so well, including two weeks ago in Seattle.

“The goal when we roll through the gates at any racetrack is to find a way to get both Summit Racing Pontiacs qualified one and two, and somehow we managed to get it done again this weekend, setting the table just the way we want to,” said Anderson. “We’re on opposite sides of the ladder, got as many points as we could get in qualifying, so we did our jobs. Of course tomorrow is a new day, and we still have to execute, but at least we’ve set the stage properly, giving us a good chance of once again getting both our Summit cars in the final. Still, we’re happy with the weekend so far, and have done as best as we can in qualifying. We’ll enjoy that tonight, but tomorrow it starts all over again.

“It’s a good feeling to go into race day having something you can work with. The sun did come out for the final session, and we just missed a little on that run, which is good. That’s probably what the track will be like tomorrow, so that run was a good wake-up call. Hopefully we can learn from that and make the proper adjustments tomorrow, getting back down into the 6.50’s.

“Still it was a great day for the entire team with a lot of positives, so we’ll go to bed happy and come back tomorrow trying to make the right decisions, and have another big weekend in Brainerd.

“We’ve had a lot of friends and family with us here throughout the weekend, and they’ve been very supportive, staying out of the way and letting us do our jobs, and we’ve been very happy to perform as well as we have so far this weekend. They’re all happy and proud of us, which is a really good feeling. So far, so good.

“Of course, if I want to have any chance to win, I have to figure out how to beat my son-of-a-gun teammate. His car is bad to the bone, which is good for the team but bad for Greg Anderson. But since he’s not on my side of the ladder I’ll first have to find a way to get to the final to lock horns with him, which will certainly not be easy. That’s goal number one, so we now have to make sure and execute both as a team and a driver. As I said, we’ve set the table in qualifying, and it’s now up to us to take advantage of it.”

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back