Anderson Sits Second Midway Through Charlotte Qualifying (1 Viewer)

As the first race of the NHRA’s Countdown championship playoffs, Summit Racing Pro Stock standout Greg Anderson came into the opening day of qualifying at the NHRA Nationals in Charlotte, NC, determined to get off to a strong start. Things went according to plan in the opening session, as the current points leader took advantage of the unseasonably cool temperatures to record the second quickest time of the round (behind his teammate Jason Line) at 6.515 seconds with a top speed of 212.69 mph.

With the evening session at zMAX Dragway delayed by rain, temperatures dropped even further, with Anderson & crew rolling to the line looking to better his previous run. Although the early numbers seemed to show an improvement on his earlier attempt, he suddenly slowed at mid-track, with his first pass remaining his run of record. Sitting second with two attempts remaining, the four-time champion looked forward to his final two attempts on Saturday.

“I guess you could say we had an interesting day,” said Anderson. “My first run was decent, and although it looked like my second run was going to be a little better, we suffered a mechanical malfunction that slowed us, so we’ll never know how good it would have been.

“Still, it was a pretty good day for the Summit Racing team, with Jason ending up on top and me right behind him, and Ronnie (in the Summit/Genuine Hotrod Pontiac) in fourth. Best of all, I think there’s room for improvement with all three cars. As long as it doesn’t rain, we’ll try and get after it again tomorrow, seeing what we what can do to improve. These are great conditions, and we certainly want to take advantage of them.”

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back