Alan Reinhart (1 Viewer)

Cliff

Nitro Member
Hi Alan. Just wanted to let you know that I was at the Div 7 race at Wild Horse this past weekend. I thought you & your announcer team did a great job. It makes such a difference when you hear an announcer who knows what he or she is talking about. You always have great info to pass on and it makes the races more interesting. I especially like the bounty you had for 2X champs. HA Did you actually pay anything out? Anyhoo, just wanted to let you know you do a good job. It was a great race and the alky cars were flying!

Alan does an awesome job. I actually choose to stay at the pit most of the time and sit in the hauler and listen to the play by play from Alan instead of going to the starting line. He is pretty sharp at noticing what the car does during a run and he is usually spot on. Thanks Alan.

Thanks for the kind words, I'm just trying to have a little fun and make a living. The Regional/Divisional events are a lot of fun for me simply because they are more relaxed. Speaking in racer talk, putting bounties on people, and using sound effects are just a few of things that wouldn't fly at the National Events but I get to do it at the others.

Most of the bounties did get picked up. Some of the out of Division guys think it's a joke, but the D7 gang knows it's real, and they almost always collect.

Thanks Eugene, After watching a couple million runs (it seems like) I like to think I notice when things happen, good or bad. It's kind of funny this past weekend in the TAD final, one of the other guys asked how I knew that Joey was broken. It's because after 25 years I know when something isn't right. It's all about paying attention. I think the only person who has been to more National Events than me is John Force. He's the only guy racing the full tour that was there when I started.

Thanks Again,
AR

Growing up, it was about D-Mac and Evans. For my money today, I would just as soon have Bruno and AR in the booth. I know Alan really digs the Sportsman stuff, which is awesome, but I would like to see these two in the booth for the Show. They both KNOW what they're talking about, and they're both polished.

Sean D

I was also at the D7 race last week.... I didn't realize Alan still announced divisional events so I was pleasantly surprised when I heard his voice over the PA system. Great job as always, Alan!

I watch the drag boat series on MavTV and Alan does a really nice job on that show. I'd love to see him do the FS1 broadcasts.

OK everyone, start writing Fox Sports!

The Div 7 T/AD final. In the semis, Joey Severance broke the rear end on a solo. You could hear the R's come up on that one. I wonder if something happened to the engine? In the final aganist Cowie, Severance's engine started making weird sounds and I could see flames coming out of the headers, which you usually don't see out of blown alky engines. Anyhoo, Severance staged hoping Cowie would red light or something. But I think Cowie knew, so he layed down a good run. felt bad for Severance, but also glad for Cowie. I think Shawn Cowie is a strong man, to recover from that accident he had a few years ago & I always hope he does well.

(Puts on hat and glasses)

I disagree with all of the comments here. I was at the race and whoever this Alan guy was said nothing of value and insulted my cat. A free cat that was given to me by Scott Palmer.

I'm not giving you my name here but I can ASSURE YOU that it is not Brian Lohnes.

I disagree with all of the comments here. I was at the race and whoever this Alan guy was said nothing of value and insulted my cat. A free cat that was given to me by Scott Palmer.

I'm not giving you my name here but I can ASSURE YOU that it is not Brian Lohnes.
Don't feel bad Brian Lohnes imposter, fans have been insulting Ashley Force's cat for years.:D

Last edited:

Dear Mystery Poster,

I am truly sorry that you didn't enjoy the event. I think the racers did a heck of a job putting on a show, and If I didn't convey that in an entertaining and informative manner then that's on me. I do hope that you will give NHRA another chance.

Alan

P.S. There was really no need for the disclaimer. Simply the fact that you typed in coherent sentences, used proper punctuation, and spelled the words right is more than enough proof that you are indeed NOT Brian Lohnes.

Alan, Brian, Joe, etc. are the reason I buy All Access ... Alan and Bob Frey are the best in the business and make being in the pits, your shop at home, or your commute from work highly enjoyable. I appreciate them all and LOVE the humor!

As the sportsman's points battles heat up towards the end of the year, I love the idea of sponsoring as many different bounties as possible, if we are in the top 5 I'd gladly pay $50 or $100 to have those other 4 folks knocked out .... and it would be great fun to have a bounty on our head too ... this is a hobby, its competitive, but we are all out there to have fun.

I spent a happy hour or two listening to Brian Lohnes call super stock at Indy. Question, why isn't Bruno's golden racing pedigree made know on the Fox telecasts? Doesn't winning Indy, driving a six second turbo 4 Cobalt or LODRS titles mean anything to them.

Alan and Bruno are both awesome, but I think Reif gets a bad rap and I don't think he deserves it. I'd take any combination of these guys in the booth.

Hi Alan. Just wanted to let you know that I was at the Div 7 race at Wild Horse this past weekend. I thought you & your announcer team did a great job. It makes such a difference when you hear an announcer who knows what he or she is talking about. You always have great info to pass on and it makes the races more interesting. I especially like the bounty you had for 2X champs. HA Did you actually pay anything out? Anyhoo, just wanted to let you know you do a good job. It was a great race and the alky cars were flying!

The other announcers were Warren Apger and the many personalities of Johnny Moto, both who are our regular announcers at WHP. This is Alan and Johnny up in the booth Sunday.

917eef6c93c7810bf84c6bdf077fe84d

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back