Alan Johnson and Scelzi rumors? (1 Viewer)

It may sound funny, but I wouldn't be surprised if it all took place. Then again I wouldn't be surprised if none of it happened either. :eek:

Hopefully Don can come on and hopefully provide some insight to this rumor. Although, I would not be shocked at all. AJ is a smart man and anywhere he goes success will follow.

Naz...
Wildthing will take a year off... go stir crazy, then him and AJ will team up with a fifth JFR flopper

This may be a dumb question, but what is the gist of the rumor? Kinda hard to get excited about a rumor that there's a rumor.:eek: :eek:

Hey........if it is in the cards, more power to 'em. Wherever AJ goes, I will follow.

Late.........................Mitch

I thought Sclezi had already said he wants to take time off to spend with the family.

Isn't his contract up this year? I know there wasn't an official announcement but I thought it was just a given that he was taking time off after this season.

hey Jim I'm Italian and a little crazy too, a perfect replacement to sit in for Scelzi for a year or two while he's away :D

In interviews that I've heard, Gary Scelzi has said that his family is the most important thing in his life, and I seem to remember him saying that he was fairly close to making decisions about his future, including a possible retirement from active driving. It wouldn't surprise me. I mean he now has championships in both coupes and rails. Still though, the "Agent" has been wrong before. Time will tell.

Personally, I fear for a Shumacher w/o AJ? Wouldn't you say the entire team benefits from his expertise? (at least anyone who will listen?)

I can certainly see AJ wanting to go out on his own again. I can't really make heads or tails of the Scelzi part. I guess it really depends on if he keeps driving or goes home to run the business.

Personally, I fear for a Shumacher w/o AJ? Wouldn't you say the entire team benefits from his expertise? (at least anyone who will listen?)

If they work as a team it will most certainly have an impact on the whole organization. From what I can see, I would say they work as team.

Hmmm, if this is true, that Alan Johnson wants his own a funny car operation and JR Todd wants to drive a funny car. Just wondering!:eek:

I love Alan Johnson, but he struggled with the Flopper in the past. He went rounds on Sunday once or twice, but for the most part the Fuel Coupe tune-up didn't seem to come as naturally to him as the Dragster tune-up does. And I have no earthly idea whether or not this rumor has any basis in fact, but allow me to speculate...

A lot of people who truly master something sometimes get, shall we say, bored (not the right word, but bear with me) with it. If he & Tony should happen to win the title again this year, they will have overcome pretty steep odds from where they were just a few short races ago, no? Perhaps, knowing he wasn't as successful in the Funny Car as he's used to being with the Dragster, he's looking forward to the challenge of trying again...;)

I don't know, but he's truly a genius & I'll put my money on him to figure out anything he sets his mind too, given time.

I gotta admit, that does sound good. Sponsorship should be no problem.???
White cap building supplies out of Fresno was on the car (miss ya Sarv) and they opened a new place here in Santa Maria. Maybe they could return? :cool:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back