Alan Johnson also going to Salinas (1 Viewer)

are u sure u wanna give him the title, considering torrence looks completely unbeatable, alan Johnson not withstanding!

Alan was with Brittany this year and she was hardly a championship contender. Just because he is over there doesn't mean the title will be on their mantle. The TF title goes through Texas and with the way Steve ran last year, good luck to the rest of the teams.

Alan was with Brittany this year and she was hardly a championship contender. Just because he is over there doesn't mean the title will be on their mantle. The TF title goes through Texas and with the way Steve ran last year, good luck to the rest of the teams.

And last year he tuned her to a championship.
he has tuned 6 different drivers to 12 championships, I would say Salinas has an excellent shot.

And last year he tuned her to a championship.
he has tuned 6 different drivers to 12 championships, I would say Salinas has an excellent shot.
You do realize AJ was overseeing their program last year, my point being just because he's over there does it mean the title goes through them.

The pressure is on DSR teams to show that scale is still a benefit to nitro dragster racing.

Do we need two threads on the same subject? BTW AJ was tuning Salinas last year.

Last edited:
With the new frontiers of technology advancements diminished, due to the stranglehold placed upon innovations by rules restrictions; it does cast doubt upon the advantages realized by the team cars.

It’s going to take an incredible performance to dethrone Torrence but I bet if you asked Steve he would tell you he wouldn’t be where he is without the help he received from Alan Johnson in the past.

It’s going to take an incredible performance to dethrone Torrence but I bet if you asked Steve he would tell you he wouldn’t be where he is without the help he received from Alan Johnson in the past.

Maybe so, but I think you are not giving Richard Hogan much respect either. AJ would tell you the same thing.

Before crowning any champions, if grubnic is the tuner for brittany force you cannot count that team out if they have the budget brittany had last year. Look what grubby did with clay on a low budget, clay still owns the quickest 2018 run

Maybe so, but I think you are not giving Richard Hogan much respect either. AJ would tell you the same thing.
I think you are insinuating something I did not say at all. Did you not see a big increase in performance after couple of years with Alan? If Hogan was not terrific in his role they would not have dominated last year without Alan. Now cue the comment I did not give the Lagana family enough credit. As a side note if anyone was disrespected in this thread it would be Alan Johnson. I do not think I need to give reasons why you would not see an advantage to having him on your team.

Last edited:
Do wee need two threads on the same subject? BTW AJ was tuning Salinas last year.
Yeah, not much difference between the two ..... BUT ... the Mater has way too many threads going right now to keep track of and manage. Probably crashing servers with all of the traffic and people/bots changing threads to see what is going on. Maybe Ken needs to read the current threads before starting a new topic.

Can you imagine the kind of cash that recycling business must generate to do what Salinas has planned? At the very least, NHRA should name him Official Recycler of the NHRA.

Can you imagine the kind of cash that recycling business must generate to do what Salinas has planned? At the very least, NHRA should name him Official Recycler of the NHRA.
He started his business recycling, but is also involved with demolition.

He started his business recycling, but is also involved with demolition.

I read a while ago that his company did the demolition of Candlestick Park where the Giants and 49ers used to play. That had to be a big job. He actually lives in the same town I do in California-Morgan Hill. I kidded him at Pomona about indicating he was from San Jose rather than Morgan Hill.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back