Air Force for Bernstein? (1 Viewer)

Nunz

Nitro Member
Burk's column over at DRO mentions Bernstein is getting a 4-race trial with the Air Force for his FC team. Anyone else hear this? I hope it's true, and if so, I hope NHRA doesn't muck it up. I agree with Burk about letting competing companies enter the sport instead of handing out exclusives.

I would love to see more competing companies. People still talk about the beer wars.

Great to have sponsors coming in

I also like competing companies ... the battle of the beer wagons was ALWAYS fun ... especially when you had Larry Dixon all decked out in Miller Lite gear riding on top of the Budweiser Clydesdales after winning the Budweiser Top Fuel Shootout a few years ago. You just KNOW that picture is in corporate HQ in Milwaukee in a prominent display position.

Competition is always a good thing, IMHO. The exclusivity deals have always bothered me. Leave it up to the marketing people to make sure their activation is spot-on. Don't just buy your way into monopoly marketing.

Unless something has changed, the other military branches cannot gather names for recruiting purposes. This is an Army exclusive which makes you wonder why they would even consider.

Isn't the Army deal a year to year renewable? My memory is bad so that may not be the case. :)

Some of the best days of floppers were the Mid-70's
and yeah, I'd get clippings from home, from my baby sister

Snake with the Army car (USA)
Goose with the Canoe Club (USN)
Bobby and M/T with Uncle Sam's Misguided Children (USMC)
Mert and Marty with The Army Air Corp (USAF)

never understood the recruiting ban...
d'kid

Last edited:
I have a close female friend who has a connection with JFR. With that being said the scuttlebutt she was hearing at Indy was the other 3 Military organizations; Navy, Air Force and the Marines are trying to get into drag racing. The Army and the NHRA right now have am agreement to let only the Army into drag racing. Now, with that being said-NHRA needs to be careful. I do not object the Air Force. Navy or Marines coming into drag racing. But let's keep one thing in mind. This is still a DRAG RACE!!! Not a military recruiting facility. Yes, I would LOVE to see more non-racing organizations come into the sport of drag racing. NHRA and the public want more fans at the races.. In the Stands not in a Military Pavilion!:eek:

I have a close female friend who has a connection with JFR. With that being said the scuttlebutt she was hearing at Indy was the other 3 Military organizations; Navy, Air Force and the Marines are trying to get into drag racing. The Army and the NHRA right now have am agreement to let only the Army into drag racing. Now, with that being said-NHRA needs to be careful. I do not object the Air Force. Navy or Marines coming into drag racing. But let's keep one thing in mind. This is still a DRAG RACE!!! Not a military recruiting facility. Yes, I would LOVE to see more non-racing organizations come into the sport of drag racing. NHRA and the public want more fans at the races.. In the Stands not in a Military Pavilion!:eek:

back in the seventies, with all 4 branches normally had one or two local recruiters... today, there is more brass at every meet then there were recruiters for an entire season...

d'kid

I do know that the NAVY is not returning to Dale Jr.'s Nationwide effort in 2009. I'd think that the USAF is getting tired of the Wood Brothers driver shuffle and DNQ's. Pull out the VHS copy of Iron Eagle to celebrate!!! :)

Quote from the article--

"This “trial” sponsorship is a bit unusual since Monster Energy Drink signage basically covers the entire car driven by Brandon"

Driven by WHO??? :eek::confused::confused: Come on how can you mess that up. Editor???

This is the first potential good news on the sponsorship front we have heard in awhile. I hope this works out for the team and they have something solid for next year.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back