Absolutely Need Different Color Scheme!!! (1 Viewer)

Sully

Nitro Member
I can read the black-on-white message composition screen just fine, but the grey-on-black stuff is absolutely unreadable on my laptop screen - am sitting in the tower at Toronto Motorsports Park and the glare through the window wipes the contrast (what little of it there is to start with) out completely.

Please, please, switch to a color scheme that has enough contrast to be read easily - preferable dark on light, not the reverse color scheme we are stuck with now. That is fine sitting at home, reading it on a 19-ince LCD screen, but is absolutely unreadable on my laptop screen under the best of conditions.

I can read the black-on-white message composition screen just fine, but the grey-on-black stuff is absolutely unreadable on my laptop screen - am sitting in the tower at Toronto Motorsports Park and the glare through the window wipes the contrast (what little of it there is to start with) out completely.

Please, please, switch to a color scheme that has enough contrast to be read easily - preferable dark on light, not the reverse color scheme we are stuck with now. That is fine sitting at home, reading it on a 19-ince LCD screen, but is absolutely unreadable on my laptop screen under the best of conditions.

I'm sitting at work with a 21 inch screen and it's difficult to read too.
Should we start a petition? :p :D (Worked for getting the Sportsman forum) :eek: :D hahaha!

Come on, Jerrod, make a new skin that looks like the "old" Mater. However, keep this one for the ones (myself included) who like and can read it. Gray text on a black background is hard to read for a lot of people. PLEASE!

I really like the black background, we just need a text that everyone can see. I can't seem to get mine to change color at all, must be a Firefox thing.

I really like the black background, we just need a text that everyone can see. I can't seem to get mine to change color at all, must be a Firefox thing.

Jeff, when you reply to a thread look at the top row of "choices" and you'll see an "A" with an arrow beside it. Highlight the text you wish to colorize and then click on that "A". You'll know where to go from there. BTW, I use Firefox. :)

:mad: The color is red next to the A but it ain't workin'

I just select the color first and then type between the color-on command(color=cyan) and the color-off command(/color).

After I select the color there is a bar directly under the "A" that shows the color I have selected. I am also using Firefox. Hmmmm....

I'll have to agree with Larry

The gray on black is impossible to read on a laptop in the press room. The author of a message has the ability to change the font color, but is there a way to change the default color for those that don't want to take the time to change the color themselves? Maybe to the color Michelle is using, I can read that.

The color change works if the poster uses it, but the default should be readable and the current default is extremely hard on my old eyes.

If I did that correctly, the text above should be readable. :cool:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back