AB new 2022 TF team (1 Viewer)

The sport has got to have the next generation of team owners in order to survive.
The 3 biggest teams in NHRA nitro racing are owned by Connie Kalitta (age 83), Don Schumacher (age 76), and the "kid" of the group John Force (age 72).

Antron is friends w/ Torrences, so maybe a 3 car team? Just my 2 cents, no official info.
After reading the article it seems clear to me that AB is striking out on his own and the only allegiance is with DSR for parts and pieces. No statements from Antron to suggest any type of merger is in the works. Sometimes things are simply what they are stated to be. Nothing more, nothing less.

That's great for Antron! BTW, Don has kids that are obviously very invested in the sport, and I believe Connie has a long term plan in place as well.

Everyone runs to DSR and JFR racing for parts and such. Now you have the Torrences.... They get their $hit from Allen Johnson. Allen is a total genius Period. He manufactures the products and tells them how to run those products. Maybe, instead of buying said cylinder head and winging it, take the advice of Allen Johnson. There is a reason why Steve is kicking ass. He's not buying a product of someone's CNC duplicate.

Last edited:
what is surprising and IMO really cool is that this story seems to have broke on racer.com. at least today, it is not on nhra or cp websites.
AB and the companies who follow with him will do great things.

Everyone runs to DSR and JFR racing for parts and such. Now you have the Torrences.... They get their $hit from Allen Johnson. Allen is a total genius Period. He manufactures the products and tells them how to run those products. Maybe, instead of buying said cylinder head and winging it, take the advice of Allen Johnson. There is a reason why Steve is kicking ass. He's not buying a product of someone's CNC duplicate.
I could be wrong but I thought Torrence switched to DSR parts several years ago. It could be a location thing. Does AJR still make everything in California?

I could be wrong but I thought Torrence switched to DSR parts several years ago. It could be a location thing. Does AJR still make everything in California?
I recall Steve switching from AJPE to DSR a number of years ago.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back