AB Motorsports Pre-Race Report: Reading (1 Viewer)

Pep Boys NHRA Nationals
Event 15 of 20
Countdown Event 1 of 6
Maple Grove Raceway
Mohnton, Pa.
Sept. 13 – 15, 2024

ANTRON BROWN
Driver of the Matco Tools Toyota Top Fuel Dragster

Countdown to the Championship Ranking:
5th

Pep Boys NHRA Nationals Event Highlights:

• Two-time event champion (2015, 2016)
  • Three-time runner-up
    • Top Fuel (2012, 2013)
    • Pro Stock Motorcycle (2004)
  • Three-time No. 1 qualifier
    • Top Fuel (2009, 2011)
    • Pro Stock Motorcycle (2004)

2023 Pep Boys NHRA Nationals Event Recap:
Qualified fifth; Quarterfinal finish (defeated Doug Foley in E1; defeated by Steve Torrence in E2)

Last Event (Indianapolis):
Qualified fourth; First round exit (defeated by Clay Millican in E1)

2024 Statistics:
14 races; three national event wins, three specialty race wins

Career Statistics:
518 races; 77 wins, 50 No. 1 qualifiers

Noteworthy:

• Reading marks the start of the 2024 NHRA Countdown to the Championship
    • Brown starts from the No. 5 seed
    • In its first two years, AB Motorsports has finished the Countdown ranked second (2022), and sixth (2023)
    • Brown began the 2023 Countdown from the No. 3 seed
  • Brown is a 15-time Countdown event winner, the most of any Top Fuel driver
  • The third-year team owner is pursuing a fourth series title and the first for AB Motorsports
  • Brown raced to the Reading winner’s circle in 2015 and 2016, and both of those seasons ended with Brown and the Matco Tools team being crowned the series champions
  • The Reading event is a hometown race for Brown, a New Jersey native, and two of his longtime AB Motorsports supporters, Hangsterfer’s, which is headquartered in Mantua Township, N.J., and Streamlight of Eagleville, Pa.
  • Brown’s uncle, Andre Brown, will compete in the Top Dragster class during the weekend

Quotable:
“I’m really excited to get back to Reading. That’s a track where I’ve had a lot of success at in the past. It’s a home track for me, which is always nice to be racing when you’re surrounded by friends and family. My uncle Andre will be out there this weekend racing in his AB Motorsports Top Dragster, which is really, really cool. I’m looking forward to seeing all of our folks from Streamlight and Hangstefer’s hanging out with us this weekend. This is their home track too. So, it’ll be nice to have a lot of support to start the Countdown and hopefully we can get this year’s playoffs kicked off on a strong note.”

Continue reading...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back