Aaron Strong (1 Viewer)

JF

Nitro Member
Didn't see him on entry list for Indy. So I guess this is one way for NHRA to get more cars at the races. What "little" chance he had of winning Seattle just got washed away. They should have stayed in Seattle until it stops raining.

Didn't see him on entry list for Indy. So I guess this is one way for NHRA to get more cars at the races. What "little" chance he had of winning Seattle just got washed away. They should have stayed in Seattle until it stops raining.

They said on the broadcast that he wouldn't be at Brainerd, but he would be at Indy, that is why they are contesting the Pro Stock final there. I would guess the extra prize money from getting to the final today allows him to get Indy on his schedule, even if the entry list does not reflect that yet. I don't think the NHRA gave him any mandates, or he might have had to tow to Brainerd which will surely have less cars than Indy.

"Pro Stock's completion was moved to Indy because final-round participant Aaron Strong will not be competing in Brainerd."
He must be going to Indy since TF and FC finals are in Brainerd, sounds like NHRA worked to make it fair to Aaron.

reminds me of a just a few years back david rivers i believe went rounds at brainerd, only to have to tow to indy to finish there.
think that was year jason won brainerd event in indy.

From NHRA website;

Due to relentless rain showers and cooling weather, NHRA has canceled the balance of Sunday's racing.

The Top Fuel and Funny Car finals will take place at the Lucas Oil NHRA Nationals in Brainerd while Pro Stock will complete at the Chevrolet Performance U.S. Nationals.

Pro Stock's completion was moved to Indy because final-round participant Aaron Strong will not be competing in Brainerd and the Nick Mitos-owned team of fellow finalist Vincent Nobile, in a gesture of extreme sportsmanship, agreed to the postponement rather than to take a solo run in Brainerd.

From NHRA website;

Pro Stock's completion was moved to Indy because final-round participant Aaron Strong will not be competing in Brainerd and the Nick Mitos-owned team of fellow finalist Vincent Nobile, in a gesture of extreme sportsmanship, agreed to the postponement rather than to take a solo run in Brainerd.

Nice move by the Mountain View team ! I noticed Aaron Strong was running Elite power, so they are sorta teamates too!

Still should've tried and finished it later in the week. Wouldn't be the first time that race was completed on a Tue or Wed. We left immediately after the FC semis.
it's a long ways home for most teams, and everything from the Western Swing has to be gone through to get ready for Brainerd. It would handicap the few teams who stay behind.

Remember this was already a three in a row grind for all of the Pro teams and NHRA. The weather wasn't looking good either. They is also the issue of schedule the Pacific Raceway staff to be there, fan notification, concessions, etc. , etc.

Everyone worked together to make the best of a "no win" situation!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back