A Snake Sighting (1 Viewer)

It's amazing who the chilli bowl attracts in the way of spectators as well as participants. Tickets are hard to come by.....or at least they used to be. I haven't checked in the last 3 or 4 years but they used to sell out for next year right after or during the current year event with the current ticket holders getting the right of first refusal.

Snake has always been interested in turning left and wanted to do so himself. Back when Danny Ongias went to Indy cars Snake wanted to go too but never could get all the necessary ducks in a row. He wanted to race Indy. After closing the drag racing operation he partnered with Chip Ganassi on an Indy car deal and they used his Brownsberg shop. He has been interested forever. I am not at all surprised he is at the Chilli Bowl.

That race is on my bucket list! Who are you there with, Eugene?
I hauled Randi and Wally Pankratz, and Jerid Blondells cars here. There are a record amount of enrties this year with over 320 cars. Gary Scelzi is also here helping his son.

Last edited:
Mr. Gray, why didn't you approach him to say "Hi?"

I'm sure there are some commonality between you two.

Eugene, have you by any chance seen Stu Snyder down there? He's from Waverly, NE...not real far from my area in south central NE. I see he's on the entry list. He's in the 2$, sponsored by the ever popular Shaker's Gentleman's Club just outside of Waverly!

I know Snake went to Brazil a number of years back to see Lewis Hamilton clinch his first F1 World Championship.

I SOO want to get back to the Chilibowl again, what a blast that was! I had NO idea how loud those 4 bangers are in that building! Like the Killer bees from HELL!

Saw the Snake hanging out at the Barrett Jackson Auction this morning.

Tried to find Paul Gill at the Moduline booth this afternoon but the guy there said he just left for the head.

I once had to act as a translator for Paul Gill. Our Mexican waitress could not understand his Boston accent and he could not understand her Spanglish.

LOL. He says I speak funny.

We had dinner with Jeff Burnett from Composite Specialties a few years ago at Outback Steakhouse in Brea with Dennis Taylor and a bunch of guys. Outback is an Australian themed restaurant. When the waitress came to get our drink order Jeff asks her in his native heavy Australian accent "Say, can you yell me what you've got on tap tonight?" The waitress starts laughing at him and says "Wow...He does that Australian accent real good!" Oops!

Pedregons and Ron Capps would probably have been there (Chili Bowl, not Outback), but Capps was testing at PBIR and Pedregon (Cruz at least) is testing this coming week at Phoenix.

Here is a list of some of the people that i saw there.
----------------------
Gary Scelzi---drag racing
Clay Millican---drag racing
Don Prudhomme---drag racing
Roger Penske---indy car/nascar
Bobby Unser---indy car
Sarah Fisher---indy car
Kurt Busch---indy car/nascar
Danica Patrick---indy car/nascar
Tony Stewart---indy car/ nascar
Ricky Stenhouse Jr---nascar
Kyle Larson---nascar

Tony Stewart drove the tractor that prepped the track. Sarah Fisher was actually racing a car for the first time since 2010. And chances are wherever you see Danica, you will see Ricky. Chip Ganassi was there and sent out his first ever tweet to congratulate the winner, who is himself an amazing story (Rico Abreau, who is a little person).

All in all, it sounds like a good time.

Really enjoyed seeing Rico take it all....he's just amazing! Hope we can keep him in the open wheel world awhile before he gets swallowed up by NASCAR!

Really enjoyed seeing Rico take it all....he's just amazing! Hope we can keep him in the open wheel world awhile before he gets swallowed up by NASCAR!

Too late ... He has a combo season planned, K+N East Series and couple of Truck races in addition to midgets and sprints.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back