892 Cu. Inches?? (1 Viewer)

"Chuck"

Nitro Member
I just read the story on Comp Plus that Sonny just got finished building and running a 892 cu. inch mountain motor pro stock engine...Thats awesome! You all should check it out.

If Im not mistaken isnt the biggest engine out there right now other than this one somewhere in the 840-850 cu. inch range??

They don't say but I would like to know how much it weights? Gotta be a little on the heavy side.

It shouldn't be much heavier (if any) than any of the other 5.30 bore center motors that he is building. His large Hemi-headed Chevy motors use a 5.30 spacing.

Any material that would be added in piston diameter would have to be bored out of the cylinder walls to accommodate it, so it would be a relatively direct trade-off.

Go to Sonny's web page he has a 903 ci with 2 stage NO2 for $93,000 or a 932 ci for $89,000 Dyno tested, it makes 2200 hp naturally aspirated.. !!

I just ordered one (932") for my C6 ... but I want the AC to work also :D

Go to Sonny's web page he has a 903 ci with 2 stage NO2 for $93,000 or a 932 ci for $89,000 Dyno tested, it makes 2200 hp naturally aspirated.. !!

Imagine someone putting that motor into a comp dragster!

I heard the shift points are a sky high 2200 r.p.m's! :D

Here are a few shots of the guys at Sonny's shop installing the main bearings and crank:

rta96c_bearings.jpg

rta96c_crank.jpg

:D :D

There is an un-named fellow that will be puting a 5.300 BS, 932 cubic inch Sonny motor in a dragster. Not allowed to let the cat out of the bag yet, but it should be testing here soon, and should be known around Feb.

Oh yeah, the shift points are way taller than you think.

There is an un-named fellow that will be puting a 5.300 BS, 932 cubic inch Sonny motor in a dragster. Not allowed to let the cat out of the bag yet, but it should be testing here soon, and should be known around Feb.

What class Buzzz? Top Dragster, Top Comp???

Should be an awesome piece!

There's no replacement for displacement!

When we started racing SC, you could expect to see the biggest motors running about 468, 471 B1 Motor. Now, small is about a 500, and the average would probably be the triple nickel. Of course, when we started racing super comp, it wasn't unusual to see an open bed trailer with a camper shell on the truck either.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back