60's-70's Funny Car Drivers (1 Viewer)

It would be cool to hear from guys like Beadle, Pulde, Segrini, etc. I wonder what they think of NHRA these days...

How about Bruce Larson? Anyone know what he's been up to lately? Jim White?

It would be cool to hear from guys like Beadle, Pulde, Segrini, etc. I wonder what they think of NHRA these days...

I sent an email to lots of folks letting them know of the changes to Nitromater and asking them if they ever posted, and left because of some of the nonsense that has gone on here, to please come back and take another look. Bruce and some others are on that list and Pulde & Nicoll post occasionally in one of the Yahoo Groups. More then a few of the pioneers of drag racing post in the Groups. A message board format is much more user friendly, and keeps all the posts out of your email box and if photos are attached, you don't have to scroll through 3 screens of 'junk' to get to the photo, or worry about jamming up people on dial up who can't take big files. :) I hope some of them will come over to Nitromater.

Larson hosts a nostalgia car show at his place in Pennsylvania in November every year.

Last edited:
Larson hosts a nostalgia car show at his place in Pennsylvania in November every year.

Thanks Jackee. Though I never knew him personally, I grew up watching him match race at E-Town all the time & it was really cool when he and Maynard Yingst (tragic loss) won the title. Been on the left coast ever since...

Bruce Larson was at the York US30 reunion this past weekend, displaying his Sentry Olds F/C this year.

I managed to cross paths with Arnie Karp recently. I told him a lot of people here would appreciate him. We'll see.

If the tradition continues, Bruce will be running his '68 USA-1 Camaro F/C at the ETown's Funny Car Reunion this month. A funny car with a door - the best of both worlds! :)

I grew up in nearby Jackson - Exit 7A - about ten minutes from Great Adventure, but I spent the majority of my summers at... yeah, you guessed it. Do they still run Crazy Eddie's Night of Thrills too?

I grew up in nearby Jackson - Exit 7A - about ten minutes from Great Adventure, but I spent the majority of my summers at... yeah, you guessed it. Do they still run Crazy Eddie's Night of Thrills too?

Today it's called the Summer Motorsports Spectacular but yup, it's still going strong. It's tonight. Unfortunately work stunk, it rained like crazy up by me and I figured it was be rained out. Looks like it's going off without a hitch... without me there. :( NJ's own Doug Foley is running tonight too. Double bummer that I missed it. :( :(

Sorry to hear you're missin' it my friend, but how ironic it's actually tonight. I used to love that show.

Wow!! Thank Bill!! That was a great clip. I was always a huge fan of Dick Harrell and his Camaro. I built the model that was available, the whole works. (Wish I still had it. :( )

I look at that clip, and man, compared to that car, today's cars almost seem high tech. A basic roll cage, a tiny little seat with no real back or heat support. Coil over suspension on a straight axle. Two Moon tanks. And it looked like it even had a genuine Camaro steering wheel. Can a Camaro expert confirm that??? (I don't know my Camaros all that well.) :eek:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back