4-Wide opinions... (1 Viewer)

Toejam

Nitro Member
I did enjoy seeing 4 Fuel cars going down the track! Didn’t happen enough. I didn’t like the Downtime, over 2-1/2 hours from First round till they ran the Semi’s. Plus I miss the visibility of just two lanes! Running Alky Dragster and Top Sportsmen in one pair, then running Alky FC and Top Dragster in the other pair made for some lousy photo shots! However the crowds were Huge!!! I think it’s obvious the fans love 4-Wide.

For me the only real complaint was the down time between rounds Saturday and Sunday, especially in the heat Saturday. I suppose it was also due to having so many Sportsman classes at the race but two hours is just way too much time to kill.

I always sit low by the Christmas tree at races. As someone else posted, sitting high around mid track probably best for 4 wide. I can see how this makes sense-will have to reconsider for 2019. Sitting low like that, it's really hard to remember which car is which after they leave the line, even watching the big screen which was right in front of me.

It was great to see no oil downs/explosions, after the mess of the earlier races. The people at LVMS did a great job getting the facility ready and having all the lanes be fair. Kind of funny that all the Pro Stock Challenge guys on Saturday wanted Lane 1 but on Sunday no one wanted Lane 1 in any pro class.

As mentioned by others, crowds were huge. Will be interesting to see how many of the people who came specifically to see 4 wide will be back next year. I will be back although I still prefer two wide.

What would really be fun is to see Top Fuel in two lanes and Funny Car in the other two lanes! Don't think that will happen.

1523374416906.png

'Nuff said.....

Wait, it's something different? It'll never work!! It's like this internet thing.... it'll never take off. Newspapers will always be king!!!!

Bracket racing was "different" but not only kept the premise of drag racing but was able to involve many racers that could not afford to class race. 4 wide dilutes the core of drag racing in my opinion.

Not a fan. You get to see half the runs that you normally would. Cool for a specialty race but not for points. Just my .02 cents.

I have yet to attend a four wide race. It might be better in person. I would love to hear four fuel cars go WOT all at once.
But, as far as watching it on TV, I do not like it at all.

I have yet to attend a four wide race. It might be better in person. I would love to hear four fuel cars go WOT all at once.
I forgot to take my ear muffs to the starting line for the 1st round of qualifying...I didn't make that mistake the rest of the weekend.:)

why doesn't bruton run nascar clockwise at his tracks?.....they seem to have a few empty seats too.....just 2 races, that's all.
it's a little different, but the nascar fans will understand; it's to help their sport attract new fans and improve tv ratings.
call it the 'wrong way 400'

Last edited:
That's pretty much the way I feel. But if running a couple of 4-wide races helps in any way to keep the rest of the races going, I can live with that.

Not a fan. The premise of drag racing is mano-a-mano, not man against man...... and a couple other random guys. Or the street outlaws version: "I'm calling you out....and you too....and that other guy." According to the survey Comp Plus ran 85% of fans don't like it. So why does NHRA continue this farce?

So why does NHRA continue this farce?

Money. If BS (Bruton Smith) says I am going to put NHRA on the map with my money they they step aside and say thank you!

To all of you that do not like 4 wide racing, me included. We have been out voted at the 4 wide races. Paying butts in the seat are all that counts. To piss and moan about it is a waste of time. Mr. Smith put his money on the line and he is making deposits, not withdrawals.

To all of you that do not like 4 wide racing, me included. We have been out voted at the 4 wide races. Paying butts in the seat are all that counts. To piss and moan about it is a waste of time. Mr. Smith put his money on the line and he is making deposits, not withdrawals.

It's pretty much this simple. Yes, I'm sure there is some survey out there that says 85% don't like it, but it's likely 85% of the vastly outnumbered die-hard core fans of the sport. If those events pack the stands, not only will they keep doing them, they should.

For me, I'm not a huge fan of watching them on TV. However, attending one of the events live is on the bucket list for sure. It's gotta be insane to witness live.

Sean D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back