2022 Schedule Posted (1 Viewer)

Paul

Staff member
Nitro Member
1631760647854.png

Phoenix, Gainesville, Vegas, Houston, Charlotte = 6800 miles

Vegas, Phoenix, Houston, Gainesville, Charlotte = 2800 miles

Still boggles my mind why they don't align the schedule better.

No Rt. 66 :mad:, I was hoping, what a shame that place lays dormant. What a waste for that place to go away.

Totally agree and not happy either. It was nice having a track 30 minutes from home. The Route 66 Nationals, the LODRS race and the NMCA were always on my schedule. Looks like I'll continue driving to Indy, Martin and St. Louis. Been to 2 of them this month with St. Louis the weekend after next.

No Rt. 66 :mad:, I was hoping, what a shame that place lays dormant. What a waste for that place to go away.
I still hope that the current owners will sell the Rt 66 facility to someone who will use it right. To go from two NHRA nationals to none is a shame. Plus all the other events that took place over the years. Let ISC do whatever with the Nascar facility, just return the dragstrip to someone who cares about drag racing fans. What a waste of one of the nicest tracks in the country.

Totally agree and not happy either. It was nice having a track 30 minutes from home. The Route 66 Nationals, the LODRS race and the NMCA were always on my schedule. Looks like I'll continue driving to Indy, Martin and St. Louis. Been to 2 of them this month with St. Louis the weekend after next.
Same here, Indy and St. Louis are my go to races now and it was nice having a track 35 minutes from my front door. I will be heading to St. Louis next year to get my NASCAR fix, just sucks when you have a facility so close.

wonder where jegs all-stars will be contested next year? IMO indy is too busy to host it. one bad weather day and the whole schedule falls apart.

wonder where jegs all-stars will be contested next year? IMO indy is too busy to host it. one bad weather day and the whole schedule falls apart.
From what they said at Indy this year, that is the new home for the all stars.

Next year we get Monday back for Indy so that should help. All-stars Sat, whatever shootout race is Sunday then the finals Monday

One thing about this announcement that really worries me is the statement "Details on Top Fuel, Funny Car, Pro Stock, and Pro Stock Motorcycle schedules will be announced in the upcoming weeks".
Picking their link shows only 11 of their national events with a list of "Competing Categories". Fortunately the event I attend every year (Seattle) is one of them and it includes TF,FC,PS,TAD,TAFC. But does this comment and the missing 11 events with categories listed, mean that maybe both Top Fuel and Funny Car are not being contested at every event ??? That would NOT be good, and is a little scary ! The Pro Stock classes have been limited for a few years now, but not the fuel cars. For me, I would have to think long and hard about making the long trip (even Seattle is a 12 hour drive for me) to see an event without both nitro categories. Hmmmm

It would be strange for a nat'l event NOT to have fuel classes. I don't think that will happen, altho I could see P/S and P/SM and maybe Pro Mod moved around.

One thing about this announcement that really worries me is the statement "Details on Top Fuel, Funny Car, Pro Stock, and Pro Stock Motorcycle schedules will be announced in the upcoming weeks".
Picking their link shows only 11 of their national events with a list of "Competing Categories". Fortunately the event I attend every year (Seattle) is one of them and it includes TF,FC,PS,TAD,TAFC. But does this comment and the missing 11 events with categories listed, mean that maybe both Top Fuel and Funny Car are not being contested at every event ??? That would NOT be good, and is a little scary ! The Pro Stock classes have been limited for a few years now, but not the fuel cars. For me, I would have to think long and hard about making the long trip (even Seattle is a 12 hour drive for me) to see an event without both nitro categories. Hmmmm
Don't necessarily count on those categories at Seattle. According to comments on Facebook, the categories were all wrong so they were taken down. That explains why I couldn't find them!

i'd kind of like to see what qualifying rules are in place for the next year's all-star races. did last week count for TF already?

That part of the statement has me worried as well. Would NHRA consider splitting up the Nitro categories for some events? It does cut the cost for teams but also hurts if your sponsor has a large presence in that area. I would still go to Denver since that is my local race but I doubt I would pay to travel to an event which only has one nitro class when I could go to another event with both. I’m hoping that maybe they are talking how many qualifying sessions and not which events they would run.

and if this happened would you see teams have an 'xyz' sponsored FC and TF? so the same sponsor is represented at all nat. events? which would then beg the question, why do we have
to have a dragster and a funny car? why don't we just have one? i know this is not a popular argument, but if you wanna see 20+ nitro cars showing up at every event to Q for 16 spots, and the
return of Q drama........or it's an all come, all run format over saturday and sunday? there are options out there for the future.

and if this happened would you see teams have an 'xyz' sponsored FC and TF? so the same sponsor is represented at all nat. events? which would then beg the question, why do we have
to have a dragster and a funny car? why don't we just have one? i know this is not a popular argument, but if you wanna see 20+ nitro cars showing up at every event to Q for 16 spots, and the
return of Q drama........or it's an all come, all run format over saturday and sunday? there are options out there for the future.
I’ve always thought that is one thing that hurt drag racing. People always ask who won the race and there is always 4-5 answers. I can say Steve Torrence or John Force or whoever but there isn’t one answer. All other sporting events there is only one winner. If NHRA only went to one nitro class, I would prefer FC. Let’s hope that never happens though.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back