2022 Schedule Coming Soon? (2 Viewers)

Professional Fan

Nitro Member
Wonder if we will see 2022 schedule soon, now that VMP has been finalized. So far I have seen 2022 dates for Houston, Seattle and VMP. Based on Seattle date, should be easy to predict Sonoma and Denver. Indy of course is easy, other than question about the return of Monday eliminations. Questions are Chicago and Phoenix. Schedule used to be released at Indy but last several pre covid years it was released in June.

They (most touring motorsports series in general) wait for NASCAR to release their schedule before officially finalizing theirs. If I'm not mistaken NASCAR is having a pretty big schedule shift again in 2022 and they are still waiting on local officials to see if they can hold a race at the Nashville Fairgrounds and a possible street race in Chicago that may delay their schedule announcement. I would imagine within a few weeks of NASCAR releasing their schedule the NHRA will do the same.

I for one am anxious to see if my race (Phoenix) does come back in 22 like what was claimed.

They (most touring motorsports series in general) wait for NASCAR to release their schedule before officially finalizing theirs. If I'm not mistaken NASCAR is having a pretty big schedule shift again in 2022 and they are still waiting on local officials to see if they can hold a race at the Nashville Fairgrounds and a possible street race in Chicago that may delay their schedule announcement. I would imagine within a few weeks of NASCAR releasing their schedule the NHRA will do the same.

I for one am anxious to see if my race (Phoenix) does come back in 22 like what was claimed.
I don't see how a road course could be constructed within 12-15 months in downtown Chicago. There no usable roads for race cars. Hell it's a rough ride in my Z06. There are no garages or pit area. Let alone dealing with all the local & state bureaucracy.

NASCAR has never held a street course race, so Chicago is going to be their 1st experience for a street course? How large is the run-off area going to be at the end of the backstretch?

I am thinking NASCAR on Chicago streets would be similar to the Transfomers returning to to town!

I don't see how a road course could be constructed within 12-15 months in downtown Chicago. There no usable roads for race cars. Hell it's a rough ride in my Z06. There are no garages or pit area. Let alone dealing with all the local & state bureaucracy.

NASCAR has never held a street course race, so Chicago is going to be their 1st experience for a street course? How large is the run-off area going to be at the end of the backstretch?
Wasn't the Chicago plan to run a course thru Lake Shore Drive and the City? That was the IndyCar plan a few yrs ago when they left Chicago Motor Speedway and Chicagoland Raceway, never to be heard from again.

Speaking of Chicago, they ran a dirt late model race at the dirt track behind the dragstrip. Hopefully there will be racing once again at Route 66.

Wasn't the Chicago plan to run a course thru Lake Shore Drive and the City? That was the IndyCar plan a few yrs ago when they left Chicago Motor Speedway and Chicagoland Raceway, never to be heard from again.
There might have been. It seems like every ten years or so this idea is floated. I can remember as far back as Mayor Jane Byrne in the early '80's.

Speaking of Chicago, they ran a dirt late model race at the dirt track behind the dragstrip. Hopefully there will be racing once again at Route 66.
The dirt oval has been operating. Apparently it was leased out to someone to operate before the pandemic and not being allowed to operate it would've have broken that lease.

We're back to opening the season at Pomona in 2022. Winternationals will be at it's traditional spot, the weekend after the Superbowl, February 17-20. Makes me think Phoenix might be back on although everyone I checked with at Pomona yesterday do not seem to know. Doesn't make economic sense to do Winternationals, then Gators, then Vegas if no Phoenix.

We're back to opening the season at Pomona in 2022. Winternationals will be at it's traditional spot, the weekend after the Superbowl, February 17-20. Makes me think Phoenix might be back on although everyone I checked with at Pomona yesterday do not seem to know. Doesn't make economic sense to do Winternationals, then Gators, then Vegas if no Phoenix.
The NFL moved the Super Bowl back one week this year due to their expanded schedule so it pushed the Winternationals back a week as well. The only other logical options for Phoenix will be Feb 25-27, back to back with Las Vegas 1 or even moved to October with LV2. My guess if it’s even on the schedule will be the week before or after LV1. Easter is April 17th so if they were to go back to back it would be the first two weekends I’m April.

Always seemed logical (to me) to start the season in mid-to-late March. Eliminating the gaps would give folks more time to get their marketing and equipment together.

Purposely bumping this back up - its been 2 months since the thread started, we're in mid-September essentially, and still no '22 schedule announcement yet.

Has anyone heard anything? Mr. Reinhardt, do you have anything you can share? Seems quite odd to me that nothing has came out yet.

Purposely bumping this back up - its been 2 months since the thread started, we're in mid-September essentially, and still no '22 schedule announcement yet.

Has anyone heard anything? Mr. Reinhardt, do you have anything you can share? Seems quite odd to me that nothing has came out yet.
I've read in a couple places NASCAR will release their 2022 schedule next week. I assume everyone else will fall inline after it is released.

NHRA hasn't released an event schedule for St. Louis. Which is 13 days from now, so who the hell knows anymore.

I saw something on Social media that it would be within the next week or two. However we have quite a few confirmed dates. Here would be my guesses with confirmed dates in caps.
POMONA FEB 17-20
PHOENIX FEB 25-27
GAINESVILLE MAR 10-13
Vegas Apr 1-3 or 8-10????
HOUSTON APR 22-24
CHARLOTTE APR 29-MAY 1
VIRGINIA MAY 13-15
Epping June 4-6th???
Bristol June 17-19 ??? (Previous traditional date)
Norwalk June 23-26 ???
DENVER JULY 15-17
SONOMA JULY 22-24
SEATTLE JULY 29-31
Topeka August 12-14????
Brainard August 19-21??? (Traditional date)
INDY AUGUST 31-SEPT 5TH
Reading September 16-18???? (Traditional date)
Charlotte2 Sept 23-25????
St Louis Oct 7-9?????
Dallas Oct 14-16????
Vegas2 Oct 27th-30th (Traditional date)
Pomona2 Nov 10-13 (Traditional date)
With 10 confirmed and four sliding into their traditional dates I would go out on a limb to say those dates are solid. They could also add a race to a new track but not sure if anything would be ready for 2022. Travel wise this schedule would make too much sense so it wouldnot surprise me if they put St. Louis before Charlotte2.

I saw something on Social media that it would be within the next week or two. However we have quite a few confirmed dates. Here would be my guesses with confirmed dates in caps.
POMONA FEB 17-20
PHOENIX FEB 25-27
GAINESVILLE MAR 10-13
Vegas Apr 1-3 or 8-10????
HOUSTON APR 22-24
CHARLOTTE APR 29-MAY 1
VIRGINIA MAY 13-15
Epping June 4-6th???
Bristol June 17-19 ??? (Previous traditional date)
Norwalk June 23-26 ???
DENVER JULY 15-17
SONOMA JULY 22-24
SEATTLE JULY 29-31
Topeka August 12-14????
Brainard August 19-21??? (Traditional date)
INDY AUGUST 31-SEPT 5TH
Reading September 16-18???? (Traditional date)
Charlotte2 Sept 23-25????
St Louis Oct 7-9?????
Dallas Oct 14-16????
Vegas2 Oct 27th-30th (Traditional date)
Pomona2 Nov 10-13 (Traditional date)
With 10 confirmed and four sliding into their traditional dates I would go out on a limb to say those dates are solid. They could also add a race to a new track but not sure if anything would be ready for 2022. Travel wise this schedule would make too much sense so it wouldnot surprise me if they put St. Louis before Charlotte2.
Please no St. Louis in October, (see last year) October in St. Louis, we can have the best weather one day the the most miserable the next, Last year Sunday for eliminations were the worst, Monday for testing was nice.

I also think the Charlotte date depends on the NASCAR schedule

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back