2017 Predictions (1 Viewer)

you

Nitro Member
Let's see how good your prognosticating skills are regarding the 2017 champions in the four pro classes.

Kalitta
Beckman
Line
Savoie

DSR/JFR/Kalitta will win every Top Fuel and Funny Car Wally this year.

A DSR car will win both the Top Fuel and Funny Car championships.

Harley will win PSM.

Pro Stock could be interesting. Elite getting back to what they know with Chevy, Gray building good engines and the Summit Boys. I will say Jeggie gets it done this year.

mcmillen starts year thinking he's in countdown with only 10 touring cars, then around englishtown, dsr puts 4th tf'r back on track and bumps terry out at indy........by end of year there will be serious talk again about slowing down tf and fc.......bye rounds in tf and ps will be downplayed on tv

I predict Erica will issue some payback to my summit boys and do an entire 'photo shoot' in front of gregs trailer -)

DSR/JFR/Kalitta will win every Top Fuel and Funny Car Wally this year.

A DSR car will win both the Top Fuel and Funny Car championships.

Harley will win PSM.

Pro Stock could be interesting. Elite getting back to what they know with Chevy, Gray building good engines and the Summit Boys. I will say Jeggie gets it done this year.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

T/F Doug Kalitta
F/C Ron Capps repeats
P/S Erica Enders puts a frustrating 2016 season behind her by winning her 3rd championship, but it'll go down to the wire in Pomona.
PS/B Angelle Sampey

TF - Brown - Mark and Brian are going to be tough to beat, they've been hot, especially in the countdown.
FC - No one really jumps out at me. JF is a possibility, but Prock had access to all the best parts at DSR and could throw down the numbers, but couldn't parly that into a championship. A DSR car has taken 3 of the last 5 crowns. I don't see Alexis or Todd in championship chase, but top 10 finishers. I think FC is pretty wide open.
PS - G. Anderson - I think JB Racing wont be as dominate as last year but I have a gut feeling they will still have .02 or .03 on the field.
PSM - Don't really care.

TF - Will come down to Brittany Force or Leah Pritchett. The Monster/AJR partnership will gel further this year and it'll yield big results. Leah will be the big ET dragster of the year though and win a few events. Top Fuel title will be decided in Vegas again. Leah will throw down more 3.60's than anybody else.
FC - Force/Prock will find their groove around Gainesville, have a mid-season slump but get strong again around Indy and go on to win a close Championship scrap against Courtney and Capps. Courtney will be the Big ET car this year. Hagan will be the big MPH guy. There'll be a 3.78 National Record.
PS - Erica, Jeg, Anderson and Line will trade points leads back and forth around mid-season. In the end, Erica will come out on top and it'll go down to the semis at Pomona to decide the Champ.
PSB - Angelle's got this.

Who'll Surprise? Del Worsham will upset the bigger budget guys often and will be the 'feel good' story of the year, with him and his Dad reaching the winners circle together again.
Rapisarda/Newby will make a Final late in the season and pull off an upset win against a championship contender during the countdown.
Shane Tucker will go rounds and spoil a few plans for champ contenders late in the season.

it'll be interesting to come back to this thread in November, and see who, if anybody, called it.

Interesting to see doug k on several list to win top fuel. Its been many years of almost doing it. It makes you wonder what it will take to get him a championship

Interesting to see doug k on several list to win top fuel. Its been many years of almost doing it. It makes you wonder what it will take to get him a championship

I know...I was waffling between Brown and Kalitta - originally had Kalitta typed in there.

Great team, always right there but they just don't peak at the right time (not a knock on the team, more about the points system).

Would love to see that team take the championship. Way overdue.

I know...I was waffling between Brown and Kalitta - originally had Kalitta typed in there.

Great team, always right there but they just don't peak at the right time (not a knock on the team, more about the points system).

Would love to see that team take the championship. Way overdue.
Great team, great driver. Just shows the randomness of winning a championship. Well capps did it..... so doug can too

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back