2014 ihra (1 Viewer)

I agree ... Anywhere more nitro will be burnt in competition is a good thing. Unfortunately, no IHRA tracks anywhere near me ...

Lets hope there's a nitro funny car and fuel altered class.

I think it should Be;

Top Fuel
AMSOil Prostalgia Nitro Funny Car

RETURNS of
Pro Mod
Mountain Motor Pro Stock
Pro Alcohol Funny Car

Maybe Fuel Altereds, Nitro Bikes and Pro Fuel sprinkled at select events.

Or do something like ANDRA does in australia where Certain events will have the whole kit n kaboodle, some have select classes (ala when IHRA ran Budds Creek back in the 90s it was Pro Stock, Pro Mod, Pro alcohol Funny Car no Top Fuel)

I like it.

Give me TF, Nastalgia FC, Pro Mod and then whatever else is just a bonus.

A national event for at least half the cost will be awesome, especially with US131 only 2 hrs away.

Used to go the the Northern's (Milan, Stanton and Martin versions) every year. Did the Nitro Jam this year and it was ok, but left me wanting more. Now I will get more.

I like it.

Give me TF, Nastalgia FC, Pro Mod and then whatever else is just a bonus.

A national event for at least half the cost will be awesome, especially with US131 only 2 hrs away.

Used to go the the Northern's (Milan, Stanton and Martin versions) every year. Did the Nitro Jam this year and it was ok, but left me wanting more. Now I will get more.

i agree with the classes... I would assume mountian motor pro stock too...

I think it should Be;

Top Fuel
AMSOil Prostalgia Nitro Funny Car

RETURNS of
Pro Mod
Mountain Motor Pro Stock
Pro Alcohol Funny Car

Maybe Fuel Altereds, Nitro Bikes and Pro Fuel sprinkled at select events.

Or do something like ANDRA does in australia where Certain events will have the whole kit n kaboodle, some have select classes (ala when IHRA ran Budds Creek back in the 90s it was Pro Stock, Pro Mod, Pro alcohol Funny Car no Top Fuel)[/QUOTE

I guess we'll have to wait for the announcement. I'm building a "Classic" Fuel Altered so it was purely selfish hoping for a AA/FA class. I'd like another place to race the car.

When the IHRA had the Nitro Funny Cars it seeded to be a good deal for ALL sides, the fans, the racers, and the IHRA.

Vince under what parameters are you building your altered? There seems to be a variety of FA styles out there. Transformers being the most modern, funny cars with Fiat/Roadster bodies and wings. Then the old school, like the Rat Trap that tours. Then, to me at least, there seems to be a middle of the road, like the Nanook cars that the Hough family run. Longer than old-school, but not more than maybe 115in, engine low to the ground. I like 'em all, but I think if there was a set of rules that really dictated what a FA is these days, it could really grow again as a class.

We're building it to conform to the, " Classic Fuel Altered " guidelines set by Mr Hough. Early 70's, non transformer style, 120 WB, Ford coupe body, and a big block Ford on fuel.

I have friends who have run IHRA top fuel since the cows came home. I hate to see them left out in the cold. It is a business though, and some nitro is better for the show than none. It appears IHRA is trying to groom pro class racers who are dependent on them so they have a consistent show.

"IHRA will showcase Nitro Funny Car as one of its four premier professional classes in 2014 and will feature a purse of $50,000 per event plus a year-end championship points fund of more than $100,000. The champion will receive $50,000, while the runner-up will receive $25,000. The class will feature an invitation-only, 10-car field with the top eight qualified drivers competing in traditional eliminations."

Invitation only?

"Invitation Only"

There's the catch.

It's almost "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss" esque

I'd rather have it have entry lists where you can sign up like national events and some that are last minute add ins up until final qualifying;

Plus the Altereds still do chicago style, so they run both days ala nitro jam?

and really the 4 Jet Dragsters are all team mates, I wish that someone might go back to the way of the ProJet Days of the 90s and really make it across the board for all jet Dragsters & Funny Cars.

The lack of a fast door car class will do them no good at MIR. They should consider Mountain Motor Pro Stocks or Pro Mods at that race.

The lack of a fast door car class will do them no good at MIR. They should consider Mountain Motor Pro Stocks or Pro Mods at that race.

My understanding is that several of the tracks will be adding classes to their events. I know Top Fuel will be at both Canadian tracks and I assume several others will run their local Pro Mod series.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back