2006 U.S. Nationals (1 Viewer)

Dave

Nitro Member
I am finally going to be able to go to Indy this year. Just curious if anybody knows if any special events are planned such as Cacklefest, Legends appearances, etc? Also is the Drag Racing Memorabilla & Collectibles show (prior to the race) happening this year?

Thanks

Dave

Seems like the whole Drag racing diecast era is Dead! 5-6 years ago there would be like 6 Diecast vendors, last year I don't think there was one!:confused:

When I went back to Indy for the 50th US Nationals the Memorabilia & Collectables show was getting pretty thin. I've never collected diecast, but even the paper stuff I collect... like posters, old press kits, badges, patches and photos are getting harder to find.

If you are in SoCal next June check out the annual Society of Automotive Historians Literature Faire & Exchange at Irwindale Speedway, quite a large show for most motorsports stuff and all kinds of diecast too.

yeah i hear ya bout the diecast , got good 20k in the stuff and i stopped buying it bout 3 yrs ago, would sell all of it in heartbeat. but would keep few like the cannon pewter car they did ( not really diecast made out of pewter, if thats how it spelled ) and my doug vancil milestone harley . now the handouts hatpins etc etc that another story, love collecting that stuff

When I went back to Indy for the 50th US Nationals the Memorabilia & Collectables show was getting pretty thin. I've never collected diecast, but even the paper stuff I collect... like posters, old press kits, badges, patches and photos are getting harder to find.

If you are in SoCal next June check out the annual Society of Automotive Historians Literature Faire & Exchange at Irwindale Speedway, quite a large show for most motorsports stuff and all kinds of diecast too.

In reality I've never been much of a Diecast guy either, I've a total of 6 (2 were gifts). To me diecast's take away from $$$ to go to races!:p

I will be in Indy!

I will be going to Indy again this year, this time with my Dad who is coming out from Australia.

I will be arriving Thursday afternoon and leaving Tuesday afternoon and will be staying at the Adam's Mark near the Airport.

At the track I will be sitting in the TEC. I will be at most of the Mater Meetings for those interested in tracking me down!

Looking forward to catching up with all of the crew I met last year!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back