1st Use of Nitromethane? (1 Viewer)

TopFuel@Lions

Nitro Member
Best to my poor knowledge was when Vic Edelbrock had a 32 Ford driven by Fran Hernandez at Santa Ana with 20% in the tank in...........1949.

Is this correct?

TopFuel@Lions

That was an interesting article. I think Gene Adams always had a greater understanding of engines than most of his competitors. Every car he ran was always a killer, with maybe the exception of that twin unblown T/F car he ran at Lions. It did run like 6.74 at over 220, which at the time, was the quickest & fastest ever for a 'twice motor" car.

Best to my poor knowledge was when Vic Edelbrock had a 32 Ford driven by Fran Hernandez at Santa Ana with 20% in the tank in...........1949.

Is this correct?

TopFuel@Lions
The first use of nitro was for solvents.

For cars it is documented being used first in the Auto-Union grand prix & land speed race cars. Designed by Ferdinand Porsche and sponsored by Nazi Germany.

While not nitro related, Back before Ozzie Moya bought Orlando Speed World, he owned a speed shop where my son got his nitrous from. Ozzie's "mother" bottle had a Swastika embossed next to the bottle's serial number. Used for Nazi aviation in WW2 and somehow ended up in Florida.

I was referring to Drag Racing, nothing else about the pineapple juice, just on the quarter mile for all you internet researchers,lol.

TopFuel@Lions

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back