1st round New England (1 Viewer)

BOO BOO

Nitro Member
Just watched 1st rd on Facebook. Hats off to both Brian and Alan for not talking while the fuel cars were running down the track. They catch flack from people for talking while the cars are running down the track ( I'm one of those ) Just thought I post something to recognize that they didn't

Just watched 1st rd on Facebook. Hats off to both Brian and Alan for not talking while the fuel cars were running down the track. They catch flack from people for talking while the cars are running down the track ( I'm one of those ) Just thought I post something to recognize that they didn't
Would have been nice if we could also hear the cars

The sound of the cars was just awful,its like the mic is in the tower?? Whoever is in charge of sound,you truly suck at your job.

Hope you guys got the PTW. in, This race is gonna be interesting. Alot of the Top guys just blew the tires off during Q-1. Even Pro Stock, This one is gonna be a dart board.

Is this New England's version of a big no-prep race?

Conditions were a little cold yesterday (low 60s) but nice today (low 70s) and out of nearly 50 nitro qualifying runs only 14 of them made full pulls. Sure glad I didn't pay to see those smoke fests.

Enjoy the cold. It's gonna be 110 today in Phoenix, & 117 Tue. argh
Could be worse.....Furnace Creek, CA: "Thursday, June 17....Mostly sunny and hot, with a high near 125."

But I feel your pain. During the summer of 1980, we went 3 straight weeks with the high at or exceeding 115. (North Central Texas)

We have Bullhead City, by the Colorado River and it gets mid 120's no big deal. I have family in College Station, Texas, temp is around 80 right now. Yes they tell me about it. HA

We have Bullhead City, by the Colorado River and it gets mid 120's no big deal. I have family in College Station, Texas, temp is around 80 right now. Yes they tell me about it. HA

I first went to Laughlin/Bullhead City in about 1996 ... the last time I was there, 2018, I couldn't believe how much both cities had grown. Both seemed like they were 10X bigger in that short span of time. In fact, they are going to build a second bridge across the Colorado River there because 1 is not enough. Kingman is another city that every time I drove thru on the way to Phoenix from Vegas was twice as big as last time I was there, and I was going thru several times a year!

Carl, I looked up Furnace Creek, Calif. It's in Death Valley. That explains the heat,

Chris, we normally don't go Laughlin or Kingman, but all of AZ is growing. People come to retire in the mountain towns, like Prescott, Sedona, Flagstaff, Payson, Showlow / Pinetop, etc. Housing prices have gone to the moon, especially here in Phx. Lots of folks from Calif have moved here. Well, I did that too, 40 years ago. heh

So, what broke on Capp's car? Looked like it was spitting clutch pieces from 600' on...

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back