07 Schedule. (2 Viewers)

Bobby

Nitro Member
still have too long between the first 3 races of the year.

the july 4 break for the racers got shorter.

the rest of the changes are for the better I guess.

does thunder valley get as much rain in may as april ? if not , good move.

moving reading to august - seems like a good move

memphis to september - likewise

richmond might be chilly in october. that should be interesting. I realize it's not a change but we haven't got there yet this year...

Still don't get why they don't have the 1st Vegas race after Pomona & Phoenix before having the tour head east. I would think it would be a huge savings in travel costs.

I don't like Reading being in August one bit, IF they felt they had to move the race they should have moved it to October. It was in October in 01,03 and 04 and those ended up being better than the September races. I remember reading somewhere that George Kase wanted an October date I would think Maple Grove would have seniority over Richmond for October. If they have problems drawing good crowds after Labor Day because of kids going back to school and because of college football then why would they move one of the few races that drew well after Labor Day to the middle of the summer? Looking at this schedule the only places where records will be broken will be Chicago and the World Finals. Englishtown is now only two weeks earlier than the old Summernationals, looks like that one will be off my calendar for next year.

I don't like Reading being in August one bit, IF they felt they had to move the race they should have moved it to October. It was in October in 01,03 and 04 and those ended up being better than the September races.
I think the move to August is a good one...maybe it won`t get rained out for a change.

Moving Reading and Bristol races cant hurt as it rains every year at those 2 races. Been there done that.

Getting rid of all the "three-fers" except the Western Swing is a good move, gives the teams a chance to take care of the logistics. It's a lot easier to prep for a two-race series than three in a row and you get more frequent breaks to restock and fix the broken stuff.

At least I was able to finally book my Gainesville reservations. And Norwalk will now be a stay with family instead of a motel room outside of Columbus.

reading in august, that stinks. just like when e-town was in early may, and the fall joliet race, reading in sept has potential for national records. it seems like nhra doesnt want new records. in august reading is HOT!:mad:

Reading in mid August is hot. I swore off hot races so this will be the last year i go to Maple Grove. Too bad I really look forward to that race.:mad:

"Reading in mid August is hot. I swore off hot races so this will be the last year i go to Maple Grove. Too bad I really look forward to that race.:mad"

I did the same thing with Englishtown, I'm still up in the air as far as to go to Reading or not. I know E-Town in May and Reading in the fall ran the risk of rain, but to me the reward was well worth the risk. Seeing Tony's 4.44 made the trip back to Reading in 03 after the rain delay well worth it. The 04 Reading race in October was one of the best races I've ever been to, very little tire smoke, and the place was packed too. The race this past June in Englishtown was horrible, lots of tire smoke, funny cars were running 4.90's and the dragsters were lucky to get in the 60's. To me the racing was much better in May. By the way does anybody know if the Reading race is going to be a night race? The reason I ask is because it is replacing Memphis on the schedule which was a night race, and I remember them running at midnight the year Tony ran 4.46.

I'm not too crazy about moving Bristol to mid-May. I have sat in the Valley at the end of May for the IHRA Springnationals and thought I would pan fry before I could get out of there. It gets warm in the valley when the temperatures in the surrounding area is in the 70's. That's because it's just like it says, it a "valley". If we're lucky enough to catch a break in the temperatures, it will be OK. But Thunder Valley is a temperature sensitive track. It needs to be kind of cool for any kind of stout runs.

Murdock.

Look at it this way,yea it maybe more hot at some of the fast tracks but then if records keep getting lower then Mr conservative "Graham Light" will just slow them down by more rules changes,thus less stress and breakage on teams? .02

I just don't understand this preimer race track in Norwalk. I was just there and that place is going to need $40 million in updates. and it better bring in better fans than the IHRA did. all those people wanted was the fireworks show.

I just don't understand this preimer race track in Norwalk. I was just there and that place is going to need $40 million in updates. and it better bring in better fans than the IHRA did. all those people wanted was the fireworks show.

How drunk were you?

Getting rid of all the "three-fers" except the Western Swing is a good move, gives the teams a chance to take care of the logistics. It's a lot easier to prep for a two-race series than three in a row and you get more frequent breaks to restock and fix the broken stuff.
...and criss-cross the country going back to Indy only to come right back to the same area:D

Anyone else notice the obvious block of IHRA races by cutting three week down-time between races?

I noticed it and think its pretty obvious NHRA doesn't appreciate the cross overs given the amount of shuffling gone on with the new schedule.

I don't get it. Do they really consider the IHRA a threat? If you want to grow the sport you expose it to as many people as you can. The few teams that cross over to attend an IHRA event make the events better, attracting more new fans in the process.

New Fans = Growing the sport = Good for NHRA

We all know that drag racing is a sport that has to be attended live to be truly appreciated. You don't get hooked by watching it on TV or gimmicks like the chase. The two bodies should really work be working together to make their respective events as good as possible. It would be a win/win for both if they did.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back