TASCA HIRES LANE TO TUNE HIS FUNNY CAR

Discussion in 'NHRA' started by Paul, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Paul

Staff Member Nitro Member

2. business name

Nitro Member

Congratulations to Eric, Well deserved !!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. mick

Nitro Member

ok tasca. for sure i'll be routing for you in '18 :cool:

4. Cliff

Nitro Member

JFR had once designed a "Ford" engine for nitro. Maybe Tasca could do the same thing? JFR engine was a Chrysler that had some small change to it but they claimed it was a Ford. It would be cool to see a "real" Ford out there. Pat Austin has an injected Ford Shotgun motor (the Boss 429) in a nostalgia A/FD, and that car was the 2nd in it's class to run a 5, just this year at Bakersfield.

5. Nunz

Nitro Member

The Austin deal is a real Ford, they developed that for TAFC and then NHRA outlawed it, which pretty much caused the Austins to tap out of drag racing for a long while. Great to see them having success in A/Fuel. Force's "small changes" were most likely designing Ford labeled valve covers for their Chrysler Hemi. :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Jeff White

Nitro Member

If you listen to the Tasca interview on a recent WFO Radio, the block DSM is making for Tasca is of a different (let's call it Ford) design. The body, which will be a year behind, is definitely going to be a Ford engineering design. As always, great content on WFO.

7. JHOLE

Nitro Member

Force was WAAAAYYYY late on the " Ford Hemi" ..... ;)

scan0130.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nunz

Nitro Member

Jeff, what a great picture! As much as I bugged my dad to put a blower on his A/A when I was a little kid, I still love the look of fuel injectors, especially on a HEMI. I remember your dad's cars during the Pro Comp era, still probably the coolest class ever created.

9. JHOLE

Nitro Member

Thanks.. But it can't be a real hemi... Says right on the valve cover that it's a ford.... ;) ...

[​IMG]Untitled by j t, on Flickr

10. junglevsbrutus

Nitro Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Mike

Nitro Member

He sure did James

Attached Files:

12. junglevsbrutus

Nitro Member

Hi Mike, it's great to hear from you again! :D
    Nice photo from Bob but we know the 1970 date is wrong. Lew didn't run the Mach 1 until '71 and Jocano's Brief Encounter in the background
    is yet another clue since that was the ex-'70 Big John Mazmanian Cuda. Now here's a curious thing. I just looked at my own photo of the '71 Brutus at the OCIR Mfg. Meet and.....he went back to OEM Hemi valve covers! I wonder why.....?