What's new

TASCA HIRES LANE TO TUNE HIS FUNNY CAR

Cliff

Nitro Member
JFR had once designed a "Ford" engine for nitro. Maybe Tasca could do the same thing? JFR engine was a Chrysler that had some small change to it but they claimed it was a Ford. It would be cool to see a "real" Ford out there. Pat Austin has an injected Ford Shotgun motor (the Boss 429) in a nostalgia A/FD, and that car was the 2nd in it's class to run a 5, just this year at Bakersfield.

Nunz

Nitro Member
JFR had once designed a "Ford" engine for nitro. Maybe Tasca could do the same thing? JFR engine was a Chrysler that had some small change to it but they claimed it was a Ford. It would be cool to see a "real" Ford out there. Pat Austin has an injected Ford Shotgun motor (the Boss 429) in a nostalgia A/FD, and that car was the 2nd in it's class to run a 5, just this year at Bakersfield.
The Austin deal is a real Ford, they developed that for TAFC and then NHRA outlawed it, which pretty much caused the Austins to tap out of drag racing for a long while. Great to see them having success in A/Fuel. Force's "small changes" were most likely designing Ford labeled valve covers for their Chrysler Hemi. :D

Jeff

Nitro Member
If you listen to the Tasca interview on a recent WFO Radio, the block DSM is making for Tasca is of a different (let's call it Ford) design. The body, which will be a year behind, is definitely going to be a Ford engineering design. As always, great content on WFO.

JHOLE

Nitro Member
The Austin deal is a real Ford, they developed that for TAFC and then NHRA outlawed it, which pretty much caused the Austins to tap out of drag racing for a long while. Great to see them having success in A/Fuel. Force's "small changes" were most likely designing Ford labeled valve covers for their Chrysler Hemi. :D

Force was WAAAAYYYY late on the " Ford Hemi" ..... ;)

scan0130.jpg

Nunz

Nitro Member
Jeff, what a great picture! As much as I bugged my dad to put a blower on his A/A when I was a little kid, I still love the look of fuel injectors, especially on a HEMI. I remember your dad's cars during the Pro Comp era, still probably the coolest class ever created.

JHOLE

Nitro Member
Jeff, what a great picture! As much as I bugged my dad to put a blower on his A/A when I was a little kid, I still love the look of fuel injectors, especially on a HEMI. I remember your dad's cars during the Pro Comp era, still probably the coolest class ever created.
Thanks.. But it can't be a real hemi... Says right on the valve cover that it's a ford.... ;) ...

Untitled
by j t, on Flickr

Hi Mike, it's great to hear from you again! :D
Nice photo from Bob but we know the 1970 date is wrong. Lew didn't run the Mach 1 until '71 and Jocano's Brief Encounter in the background
is yet another clue since that was the ex-'70 Big John Mazmanian Cuda. Now here's a curious thing. I just looked at my own photo of the '71 Brutus at the OCIR Mfg. Meet and.....he went back to OEM Hemi valve covers! I wonder why.....?