TAD - Texas Fall Nationals

Discussion in 'NHRA' started by justafan, Oct 11, 2017.

1. justafan

Nitro Member

After good car counts at the last 3 races, Reading (19), Indy (23) and Charlotte (19), this weekends race has 27 cars entered. Lots of heavy hitters and lots of TX based cars on the entry list. As one of my favorite classes, this weekend is shaping up to be a good one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Cliff

Nitro Member

This is gonna be a good race. Hope the weather is a bit cooler. If so, we might yet see that 340.... I hope Shawn Cowie attends and runs like he did up at Mission. Yeah......

3. mike

Nitro Member

Shawn is entered he will be there-

4. BlueStangGT

Nitro Member

We had 17 cars at the D4 Regional last week up the road in OK last week. Nice to see good car counts in the class!

5. Nunz

Nitro Member

I think there are still lots of cars in virtually every class, throughout the country. It’s obviously budget issues dictating the difference between strong and weak car counts and different events. Hitting the road, and in many cases, leaving work or a business for several days is a big financial hurdle for most racers, from Fuel classes on down. Having said that, it sure is encouraging when some events really attract large car counts.

6. Cliff

Nitro Member

Weather today is gonna be a lot cooler. Be interesting to see what the alky classes do. Already been 5.40's in TA/FC in the heat, & 5.20's in T/AD. I'm not greedy, I just wanna see 5.30's in TA/FC and Severance run a 5.15 in T/AD. :D Am bummed Cowie L rd. 1.

7. Nunz

Nitro Member

Was that a record bump?

8. Cliff

Nitro Member

If it wasn't it musta been close. Wow.... I did get my wish for 5.30's in TA/FC; also great runs in T/AD, only it was from the A/F folks, not blown alky. Hey that's OK. they were flying at the Plex.

9. justafan

Nitro Member

The conditions today were off the hook. Alcohol classes ran great numbers, especially early. Fun weekend watching All Access. Looking forward to watching the Alcohol classes and Pro Mod at Vegas.

10. vegasnitro

Nitro Member

That TAFC Final was ridiculously awesome. Side-by-side 30s and the fastest speed ever in TAFC (275 MPH). Oh by the way, the car that ran the fastest speed ever ... LOST!!! Just a great drag race.

11. Nunz

Nitro Member

Agreed, as a big alky fan, I have to say that these 2 categories put on a helluva show this weekend!

12. none

Nitro Member

Yes it was a record bump, reset the record from the same race a year ago.
    And the TAD winner was making his first National Event start!

Alan

• Agree Agree x 1