What's new

some very good thoughts

Jim

Nitro Member
I think we've been here before. Maybe Fox/NHRA is just trying to attract the newbie?
Maybe the hard core guy/gal is over on NHRAAllAccess. With the ability to -in effect - rewind and fast forward a paid viewer can see as much or as little of the show s/he wants.
Does anyone know how many paid AllAccess subscribers?

NJ4MULA

Nitro Member
"If NHRA drag racing is ever going to ascend to the same level of importance with the media, fans and sponsors that NASCAR and IndyCar racing enjoy they must find a way to increase the TV audience."

This sentence right here is more proof that Burk is more full of himself than a bag of manure. NHRA SPANKS IndyCar in every conceivable way except ONE IndyCar race that happens to be Memorial Day weekend. Why this guy still has a soapbox is beyond me.

none

Nitro Member
He does have a point about media coverage. Media (not all but a lot) will cover an Indy race that has a 1,000 fans before they will even consider covering a drag race............

mick

Nitro Member
i wish some of the fluff could be replaced by factory stock or pro mod too, but they are not mello yello categories, and i believe nhra is most likely under contract
to air only those 4 categories, with possible permission to occasionally show final rounds of other classes?
i agree. nat event attendance is up, and that IS because it is entertaining. 1000', et/mph records be damned. and most days are completed in 4-5 hours; why the tv
programs continue to suffer flat/declining ratings is beyond me. there have been big changes in last few years, with poor results. showing more or all of the nitro classes would be
a step in the rite direction. potential sponsors are watching. i do think the driver pieces are worthwhile. look at the 'outlaw' reality shows. fans of those shows know the car
AND driver names.......billy bob driving 'whiskey slinger'......or something like that :rolleyes:

"If NHRA drag racing is ever going to ascend to the same level of importance with the media, fans and sponsors that NASCAR and IndyCar racing enjoy they must find a way to increase the TV audience."

This sentence right here is more proof that Burk is more full of himself than a bag of manure. NHRA SPANKS IndyCar in every conceivable way except ONE IndyCar race that happens to be Memorial Day weekend. Why this guy still has a soapbox is beyond me.
Jeff Burk does it for LOVE. He write's great story's. :)