Jonesing for Some Drag Racing?

Discussion in 'NHRA' started by justafan, Jan 11, 2018.

1. justafan

Nitro Member

For those of us in the Midwest, we've got to wait a bit for some local drag racing. Unless you like snowmobiles. These folks from Upper Michigan don't seem to be bothered by the cold and snow.

2. T.Smith

Nitro Member

Nothing a flight to Phoenix or Pomona can't cure.

3. justafan

Nitro Member

I'm sure that would cure it, but I need to conserve funds so I can attend Joliet (30 minutes away), Norwalk, Indy and St. Louis. ;)

4. stitcherbob

Nitro Member

they need to run nitro, exhaust through the handlebars to warm their hands!

5. mick

Nitro Member

wish we had that over here in our area ofMN. we used to have speed runs on local lakes. insurance and angry lake owners have all but put a stop to it in our area.......my guess is listening to that, that they have a noise ordinance there too, sounds like they are running some form of mufflers (similar to what super comp dragsters run). if any of you have been to denver, brainerd, or new hampshire where the sleds run at nat. events. they are much louder than in this video......cool video. those guys fly.

6. Jack

Nitro Member

Watch the sleds run at Lebanon valley every year 8.50's to 9.0 at 145 mph plus......very cool to watch and very passionate raceres to talk to.

7. Cliff

Nitro Member

It would be cool (literally) to watch these sleds in person. They looked pretty fast. What is the length of the track?

8. Jack

Nitro Member

Lebanon valley is a quarter-mile track. They run them at the D1 divisional event in July

9. mgty3whlr

Nitro Member

I've seen them run at Island Dragway, They are no joke.

10. justafan

Nitro Member

I've seen them at D3 races in Joliet. Last year, several sleds qualified in the 8.20's. Fun stuff.