Greg Anderson to miss 3 months due to Surgery

Discussion in 'NHRA' started by Paul, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Paul

Paul Staff Member Nitro Member

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  2. Jim Gunther

Jim Gunther Nitro Member

Get well soon Greg!
  3. Dave

Dave Nitro Member

A hopeful speedy recovery to Greg, come back and get win 75! Erica showed last year you can skip 6 races and still make the countdown so hopefully he can still contend for the championship. Also nice to see Jimmy Alund get a chance at the big show in one of the top cars.
  4. legendman

legendman Nitro Member

Wishing Greg a speedy recovery.
  5. ****er

****er Nitro Member

Wishing Greg a quick recovery --
  6. d'kid

d'kid Nitro Member

Ditto...
  7. parrotwhisperer

parrotwhisperer Nitro Member

All the best to you Greg. Hope to see you back soon.
    mastertone likes this.
  8. CrewGuy

CrewGuy Nitro Member

Wishing a speedy recovery. First time he throws out the laundry......ouch!
  9. Not to mention the first time he pops the clutch,
    Or the first time he just crawls in the seat.

All the best Greg, just take your time comming back, no rush, it'll be there.
  10. vegasnitro

vegasnitro Nitro Member

I hope Greg gets healthy and this is but a minor bump in the road of life.
    mastertone likes this.
  11. Leebone

Leebone Nitro Member

God Speed Greg Anderson. The NHRA isn't the same without you!!
  12. I was NITRO BREATH

I was NITRO BREATH Nitro Member

all the best to greg.
    [ i see he says ''it no big deal''. But any of us who have been there know that major surgery is physically and mentally jarring. It takes time to recuperate and to forget the experience.]
  13. mastertone

mastertone Nitro Member

Greg, always a champion, get better!
  14. Bill

Bill Nitro Member

Greg will be fine after he heals but like Alan and Paul say, he's going to hurt the first time down the track. Cracking the chest is no fun. BTW, Alund will do just fine in the car. He'll take some getting used to how good these guys are on the lights but he will do OK.
  15. Muddy

Muddy Nitro Member

First time he lets out the laundry he's going to have an all new experience. After bypass surgery it was bad enough wearing seat belts in my daily driver. Very sure I would NOT want to experience a parachute anytime soon after having my ribs cracked open.
  16. paoldtimer

paoldtimer Nitro Member

Hoping for a full and speedy recovery to Greg. Your health is much more important than driving that racecar. It will be in good hands until you return!
  17. Bubba

Bubba Nitro Member

Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery, Greg.
  18. Mary

Mary Nitro Member

All the best to you Greg
  19. willy

willy Staff Member Nitro Member

I'm assuming this can all be done in the Cath Lab. If so, they won't have to bust him open..which will help.

I can still see 3 months letting him heal..but as far as pain..should be minimal.

Best of luck, Greg.
  20. BaldyLochs

BaldyLochs Nitro Member

Anyone have more details? I thought I heard on tv that this was something he had since birth, which would classify as a Congenital Heart Defect, which I am a survivor of myself. I've been through 2 surgeries, so far. Denver Broncos head coach John Fox had what sounds much like what Greg had done this past season. My gig was a little different....but I was just curious. I wish him a speedy recovery. And yes, getting your sternum sawed is the absolute most traumatic part of it all.