Courtney Force racing Taylor Swift theme Funny Car

Discussion in 'NHRA' started by Dave, Nov 7, 2017.

1. junglevsbrutus

Nitro Member

Years ago Mike Ashley had a weird effect on one of his crazy painted FCs. The monster face had a pair of green eyes that would come and go, sort of a hologram effect. Anyway, wouldn't it be funny if they could rig up something so when Courtney hit the throttle Taylor's eyes would go from cool smug to wide open shock? :eek:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Pure Genius! Pure Genius! x 1
  2. Polish Hammer

Nitro Member

Taylor grew up not far from Maple Grove, so it’s too bad this wasn’t unveiled that weekend. And a possible appearance by her would’ve been humongous.

3. none

Nitro Member

Sam,
    Regardless of what you think of her music, (I happen to like it a lot) the fact that she has 85 Million + Twitter followers and I don't know how many on Instagram of FaceBook (I'm not on them) means that the potential is there for a number of people who may have never even heard of NHRA to at least say "What's that?" and click on a link, or pull up a video to see what it's all about.

And if you think that exposing that many new eyes to NHRA is a bad thing. Please tell me why?

Alan

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ironpony

Nitro Member

we need sponsors and viewership but not Taylors....:rolleyes:

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. MM

MM
    Nitro Member

If someone wants to sponsor my race car, I'm game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. ironpony

Nitro Member

Sorry guys, the sarcasm to the posts above me did not come thru....... I thought the roll eyes would tip you off.
    As Alan stated with as many people following her there is a high probability some will be curious as to what is this NHRA they speak of.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. flapjack

Staff Member Nitro Member

Agree with Alan. I was kidding around when I was talking about Rush. Well, not really, but still I think it is good to get the exposure Taylor Swift will bring to the NHRA simply by sponsoring a car.

8. mikebcurve

Nitro Member

Someone please photoshop a pic of Alan drinking Scotch front row at a Taylor Swift concert,lol

• Like Like x 1
  9. camaro

Nitro Member

I'm willing to bet there's already a 'non Photoshop' pic of that already and while he's probably not at a Taylor Swift concert, he probably thinks he is :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jim

Jim
    Nitro Member

I admire Taylor Swift - She is a smart young woman who has managed her career (and business) about as well as ANYONE has ever done in the entertainment business. Some of her songs qualify as "ear worms" and, yes, she's a cutie.
    There's a Broadway show traveling right now: "On Your Feet" about Gloria Estefan (I highly recommend it) and there are certainly parallels to Taylor and Emilio's business acumen!
    Wouldn't it be great to see Taylor Swift at an NHRA event but I'll be happy if she says something nice about NHRA and Courtney to her many followers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. HEMI6point1

Nitro Member

I bet most of those 85 million are under the age of 16. :p But I think you misread my post - that was an "in jest" response to the people above me.

BTW, I never thought that this cross-promotion is a bad thing. Anything that can promote the sport is good.

12. mikebcurve

Nitro Member

I also thought he misread your post. Maybe itching to post something. No way he would touch the other current thread subjects,lol

13. stitcherbob

Nitro Member

I agree....after all, look what social media has done for Anthony Weiner's exposure!
    :eek:

:D:D:D

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. ironpony

Nitro Member

Exposed his weenie????

15. none

Nitro Member

I'm not picking on Sam, I'm just wondering why we can't say "Thanks for getting involved!" Without saying "She's not that great of a singer." I'm not a big fan of RAP or Opera but if one of their stars wanted to get on the side of a car I would be happy to see it. And I wouldn't feel the need to point out that I don't like the music.

Alan

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  16. stitcherbob

Nitro Member

She started out as country pop music, and there's a lot of NHRA fans that are fans of that genre so it can be a good fit.
    Lately, she has strayed into pop that I don't particularly go for, hope she doesn't go "full Miley" on us

17. Bubba

Nitro Member

I certainly admire Taylor Swift's charitable nature; she's given fans money to help them out and she's surprised plenty of them by showing up on their doorstep.