Coolest off track and historic drag racing photos ever

Discussion in 'NHRA' started by Mooseman, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Root Magruder

Staff Member Nitro Member

I have no idea as to the owner and/or driver.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Root Magruder

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cliff

Nitro Member

Who drove Snow's injected F/C? I always remember him in blown cars, but I think he may have run this car with another driver. ?

4. Root Magruder

I have no idea who drove the injected car that day. But, I do know it wasn’t Snow.

5. Nunz

Nitro Member

I remember a guy named Terry Pringle who I believe drove the A/FC, but it was a long time ago so I may be way off.

6. Cliff

Nitro Member

It could have been Pringle. I remember the name. Snow's first funny car was injected, like a 1966 model?? Ran as a dragster back then (as did the other F/C's) & I think Snow won the nationals in Indy one year with it.

7. none

Nitro Member

NIX.jpg Smiling Jimmy Nix..........with the Cadillac

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jimbo

Nitro Member

Now that's the worst nightmare for a drag racer to see.

Just think about the looks you will get from the track clean up crew and the management.

Jim Hill
    www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

9. sdwarf36

Nitro Member

10. Cliff

Nitro Member

That's called putting the trans in nuetral, revving the motor to 7 grand, and pushing the "drive" button....

11. stitcherbob

Nitro Member

c'mon, admit it...we have all done a neutral drop at least once in our lives.....:D

12. DrRocket

Nitro Member

I remember when that picture was first published. If you look at it, looks like the torque converter came out first, followed by the rest of the parts as the car rolled forward.

"It blowed up real good!"