What's new

Carbon fiber brakes

flapjack

Staff member
Nitro Member
Well, I was reading on brakes. I know TF, AA/FC, TA/FC, TAD, and A/Fuel all require carbon fiber brakes. What about Pro Stock?

Thenm what about the current "hot" manufacturers. I see some teams are using The Brake Man, others are using Strange (at least I think Strange is offering carbon fiber brakes now), and I am guessing some use Lamb (for instance, Chrisman offer their read ends with Lamb components). Anyone have any idea as to what is really popular right now?

Pro Stockers have been useing Carbon brakes the longest. Geez Kurt Johnson was driving full time and had a incident where the brakes locked(i think) and sent him endo into a water puddle.
LArry Morgan same year i believe slide er in as his rear brakes locked as well. I do not remember the year but could have been like 2005 or so.

mike

Nitro Member
Pro Stockers have been useing Carbon brakes the longest. Geez Kurt Johnson was driving full time and had a incident where the brakes locked(i think) and sent him endo into a water puddle.
LArry Morgan same year i believe slide er in as his rear brakes locked as well. I do not remember the year but could have been like 2005 or so.
We have been running strange carbons for close to 28 years now.

rick

Nitro Member
Carbon Fiber brakes isn't exactly a new idea. The Kurt Johnson incident that was referred to happened in 1993 in Phoenix, and Larry Morgan had his deal happen at Rockingham a few races later