2018 schedule

Discussion in 'NHRA' started by Country21, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Country21

Nitro Member

according to Kevin Mckenna NHRA will announce something significant for the 2018 schedule tommorow

2. ironpony

Nitro Member

Cancelling of Pro Stock?????

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. 8sec71

Nitro Member

I would guess a reduced schedule for Pro Stock

4. Butch

Nitro Member

Pro Camaro is being reduced to 12 events.

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. mgty3whlr

Nitro Member

You guys are killing me!! Maybe The Federal Government is auditing them and found that Their profit exceeds Pay-outs!?

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. vegasnitro

Nitro Member

Vegas 4 wide in the Spring.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Tybamf

Nitro Member

He didn't say anything about the schedule directly. He said "2018 season".

8. barry

Nitro Member

Well if it's not "the schedule" but it's "something significant" it can only be one thing... a buck a pound ice cream at every national event !!!

9. glofria

Nitro Member

They will no longer be offering the Heritage Series due to the lack of interest by everyone.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. ironpony

Nitro Member

WOW life changing news.........this will make the countdown much more exciting

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. mick

Nitro Member

am surprised sonoma and bristol are not new countdown races :rolleyes:......do you think the fall zmax will have more
    spectators and higher tv ratings in this new slot?....i would venture to guess unlikely.

12. vegasnitro

Nitro Member

I am failing to see what is the "BIG" news about this announcement. They just re-arranged a few of the chairs around the table, but everyone still has their seat.

Tell me what I am missing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. SundayNiagara

Nitro Member

Will Maple Grove, as in years past, run into rain again?

14. Paul

Staff Member Nitro Member

My money would be on YES. In the 25 years I went to that race, I think I can count on one hand the number of times it didn't rain at some point during the weekend.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Nunz

Nitro Member

You guys do know that it's totally a crapshoot, no matter when it's scheduled, right??? :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Andy

Nitro Member

I still don't get why they don't run Houston and Dallas on back to back weekends in October.

17. SundayNiagara

Nitro Member

Football?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Rajunz

Nitro Member

I can't believe they're moving Dallas back closer to September, it'll be 100 degrees again. You would think they've learned that lesson?

19. yoda

Nitro Member

That market would be over saturated and one race would take a loss at the gate. Doing Pomona and Phoenix like they do is only because the rest of the country is usually still snowed in, and they take advantage of the snowbird crowd... Dallas and Houston would be like P1, Phoenix and Vegas in successive weekends...